ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

OK I am hooked

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nelson May
OK I am hooked
on Nov 19, 2009 at 8:33:55 pm

I wished I had added ZW a long time ago to my arsenal. I have version 4.0 of proanimator as a plug in the AE CS3 and CS4.

I am just playing right now, but I am having fun and trying to learn and solve my own problems. The universal templet is COOL. I have a spinning globe from a Digial Juice MDE Element. I deleted the sphere in the universal templet into proanimator and thus into AE CS3. I know have 2 layers in AE. The spinning MDE globe and the text from proanimator that supposed to rotate from behind the globe and land in front of it. If you remember from the universal templet, the text came out from behind the sphere. So using AE, I am trying to get that same text (from Proam) to circle the MDE globe I have on my second layer. The problem is, even in 3D layers in AE, the text is still 2D, thus it will not rotate around my MDE globe.

1. Can I import any element into proanimator and substitute it for the sphere? If I can't do that, is there a way, I can get the text I made in proam to rotate around my globe without passing through it.

I guess I can do poor man's 3D and add a mask the globe.

http://reels.creativecow.net/film/globe-and-text

MBP 2.4GHz 4MB RAM, 30"cine, MAC PRO 2.6 8 core 6GB RAM, Mbox, Neumann TLM-103, FCP HD 7. Pro Tools 8, Adobe Creative Suite, Reason 3.0, Macromedia Studio, ProAnimator, HVX200 with Firestore v4.0

Return to posts index

John Rich
Re: OK I am hooked
on Nov 20, 2009 at 10:16:32 pm

Nelson,
Since I only have Invigorator Pro I can only describe what I did, but it may apply to Proanimator. I made a basic sphere and put it in one set. Then I made the text and put it in the same set. Since the center is the middle of the sphere, when I cause the set to rotate both text and sphere rotate together. Then I made a new material from the "matte" material and put it on the sphere which makes the sphere invisible.

Then I made an earth globe from CC Sphere and rotated it as well. As long as the original zax sphere was about the same size as the CC sphere, the text seems to rotate around the CC sphere being invisible behind it.
John Rich

JOHNR

Return to posts index

Nelson May
Re: OK I am hooked
on Nov 20, 2009 at 10:33:30 pm

Thanks John,

I tried to matte in AE, but I have noticed stuff from ZW comes in on a 2D plain. I would map the sphere in pro animator, but the sphere comes out blocky after a render and export. I am still getting around the program, but if I can smooth out the sphere and map the earth on it, my problem is solved and I don't need to compose anything in AE.

When I get on my PowerMAC, I will try your method. My MBP, does't like render the 3D objects that fast and I a watch paint dry.

Cheers.

MBP 2.4GHz 4MB RAM, 30"cine, MAC PRO 2.6 8 core 6GB RAM, Mbox, Neumann TLM-103, FCP HD 7. Pro Tools 8, Adobe Creative Suite, Reason 3.0, Macromedia Studio, ProAnimator, HVX200 with Firestore v4.0

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]