ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

ProAnimator Merge Scene Error

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christina CrawleyProAnimator Merge Scene Error
by on Nov 2, 2009 at 7:55:06 pm

I need to merge multiple scenes into one in ProAnimator. It is buggy. I've tried importing camera data, object data, or both and eventually something will be missing or out of wack. Any way to make this process more reliable and stable? Any workflow tips for building to-be-merged items?

Return to posts index

Edward WuRe: ProAnimator Merge Scene Error
by on Nov 2, 2009 at 11:17:46 pm

Hi Christina,

I am using ProAnimator version 4.5.1, and it seems like the merge scene command is working fine in that version. If you have example scenes where this is happening in version 4.5.1, you can send them to ed@zaxwerks.com and I can take a look into what is causing the issue for you.

If you are not using ProAnimator version 4.5.1, please download it from our download page below:

http://www.zaxwerks.com/download/

One of the things you may want to try out is to turn the 3D Display style to wireframe, and the Preview Object Faceting setting to a higher value like "3.0". When merging scenes, there may be a lot of objects getting merged, so this may slow down your scene. By changing the 3D Display Style and the Preview Object Faceting, this can speed things up when the scene is merged.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Christina CrawleyRe: ProAnimator Merge Scene Error
by on Nov 3, 2009 at 2:59:41 pm

Hi Edward, thank you for your prompt response. Unfortunately your suggestions haven't yielded different results. I was/am running 4.5.1, preview faceting was/is at 3 (trying to increase caused ProAnimator to abruptly close), and the wireframe view didn't allow items to merge consistently.

Each scene that I need to merge has two tracks, one of those tracks has a "Roll Z" pose action applied. That action track is shorted, un-named, and has no action applied once the scene is merged.

I'll be emailing you some project files - thanks!

Return to posts index

Edward WuRe: ProAnimator Merge Scene Error
by on Nov 4, 2009 at 7:11:19 pm

Hi Christina,

Thanks for submitting the project files. We're investigating the issue, and we'll let you know any information as soon as we receive them.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Christina CrawleyRe: ProAnimator Merge Scene Error
by on Nov 5, 2009 at 2:52:46 pm

Update to this problem...

I've had success exporting my scenes as Maya .obj models. I tried exporting .zxo models but those didn't provide a stable import. This method isn't super ideal because it involves reanimating any pose actions BUT it is stable and a sufficient workaround for me at this time.

I'd still be interested to hear any developments in the "merge scene" error.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]