ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Logo on Golf Ball

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Donovan Werts
Logo on Golf Ball
on Oct 23, 2009 at 5:23:10 pm

Hi, I need to put a logo on a spinning golf ball in ProAnimator. I have the golf ball object and it looks great. When I try to apply the logo I've created as a surface, it places the image in every dimple of the ball and not as a single small logo on the center of the ball (like Titleist or Nike). I've tried to add the logo as a separate object in the scene, but the ball needs to spin and I don't see a way to link the two together. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance, Donovan

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
Re: Logo on Golf Ball
on Oct 26, 2009 at 6:28:42 pm

Hi Donovan,

I could think of one way in ProAnimator that will help you map the logo onto the golf ball. To do this, create another sphere that is the same size as your golf ball (or it can be slightly bigger). Then, apply a texture map with your logo onto the sphere. Next, apply a transparency map of your logo (black and white image) onto the sphere, and it will mask out the sphere, and leave only the logo on your golf ball.

If you are not familiar with transparency maps, it is a black and white image where the black areas will become transparent while the white areas will still be solid. By keeping your logo white, and the background black, it will keep your logo intact while it masks out the rest of the sphere.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Serge Hamad
on Oct 28, 2009 at 5:21:16 am

Aaah what the heck! Shoot me an e-mail and I will give you a fully customizable Golf Ball for free ;-) It's part of InvigoMany Volume One. Go here to see if you like it: http://www.nyc-visual.com/InvigoMany.html

Salut,
Serge

Invigorator/Proanimator Training: http://library.creativecow.net/articles/hamad_serge/invig_training.php

Return to posts index

Donovan Werts
on Oct 28, 2009 at 3:10:10 pm

Serge, that's very generous! I just sent an email to your address on the "contact us" page of your website. I owe you! Donovan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]