ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Reflector 1.50 Crashes CS4

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Charles
Reflector 1.50 Crashes CS4
on Oct 4, 2009 at 11:39:35 pm

Reflector keeps crashing After Effects. I've set up the Comp with a wall, floor (2 Solids) and some 3D text, when I animate the camera and run the update script or click the update button the Comp panel goes grey, running the script again or clicking the update button results in an After Effects crash. If its relevant the Comp is NTSC D1 Square pixel, widescreen.

I've had this problem with Reflector and the 3D warps since I bought them, rendering them of dubious value. This occurred on my previous quad core mac and on my MacBook Pro as well. Is there a conflict with other plug-ins or some other software??

The details: MacPro 8 core, 16 GB of RAM, OS 10.5.8, After Effects 9.0.2

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
Re: Reflector 1.50 Crashes CS4
on Oct 5, 2009 at 5:16:01 pm

Hi Brian,

Since you're running into an issue with Reflector and 3D Warps, you may be running into the following issues: If you are using the plug-in "Nucleo Pro", this plug-in causes a conflict with Reflector, and may cause the program to crash. Or, if you have the After Effects setting to enable "Multi-Processing" you may choose to disable this feature.

If you are still encountering any issues, please contact me at ed@zaxwerks.com

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Brian Charles
on Oct 5, 2009 at 9:22:15 pm

Thank you for the reply.

Should I remove Nucleo Pro (its the newest CS4 version) from the plugins directory or is it sufficient to merely disable it?

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
on Oct 6, 2009 at 7:06:19 pm

Hi Brian,

If you disable Nucleo Pro for the Reflector layer, it should stop conflicting with Reflector.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]