ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Something weird going on with Invigorator Pro

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cliff WallaceSomething weird going on with Invigorator Pro
by on Oct 1, 2009 at 9:40:17 pm

I'm running Invig Pro on an older Mac in After Effects CS3. Lately illustrator files have been opening up without the Illustrator color. Just the default gray. I made sure to check the "use Illustrator colors" box before opening the file. I double checked the Illustrator file to make sure that everything on a layer was the same color. None of the colors are coming thru. Funny thing is that it is doing it to files that used to open fine and have not been changed. I even downloaded and installed the latest update of Invig Pro. Any ideas what could be causing this? It's making my job much harder all of the sudden. I've been working with this product for at least 3 years now, so I don't think that it's something elementary.

Cliff Wallace

Return to posts index

Edward WuRe: Something weird going on with Invigorator Pro
by on Oct 1, 2009 at 11:28:28 pm

Hi Cliff,

Just to check up on if the program is acting up on you, here is what you can test. Create a new Illustrator file, and use the rectangle tool to create a rectangle. Give the rectangle a green (or any obvious color) fill, and no stroke. Then, save the Illustrator file with no compression, and try to open it with 3D Invigorator Pro with the "Use Illustrator Colors" checkbox checked.

If this test works, it may be the Illustrator files you are attempting to open. If you are having problems even with this test Illustrator file, there are two things you can try.

The first setting to check is the "3D Display Style". This button is the sphere button located right next to the "Object Mode" button right below the scene preview window. If the 3D Display Style is set as the grey ball, then all models will have the default grey color.

The next is to try clearing your 3D Invigorator Preferences file. It may be that your 3D Invigorator preference file has gone corrupted. To delete the preferences file, go to your "Users > Preferences" folder, and delete the "Zaxwerks Invigorator Prefs" file.

Let me know if you are still having any issues.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Cliff WallaceRe: Something weird going on with Invigorator Pro
by on Oct 2, 2009 at 8:17:08 pm

Thanks Edward. Got it figured out. It was the object mode selection. Works great now.

Cliff Wallace

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]