ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Jigsaw Puzzle

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Rich
Jigsaw Puzzle
on Sep 26, 2009 at 9:24:11 pm

Using AE CS3 with Invigorator 4.5.0 Pro I want to make an animation where I have a puzzle with the pieces flying in to gradually fill up the photo I have.

I've created a frame with the pieces outlined by paths in illustrator and then I "placed" the photo in a separate layer beneath the frame.

According to Serge Hamad's tutorials, it would be best to put each piece of the puzzle onto a separate layer, so I have tried to use a clipping mask to cut out each piece with part of the photo on the piece, but I can't copy this onto a separate layer.

I'm way over my head here and I was wondering if someone could stear me in the right direction on this type of annimation.
Thanks in advance.
John Rich

Return to posts index

Ken Latman
Re: Jigsaw Puzzle
on Sep 27, 2009 at 2:49:32 pm

I think you could possibly handle it this way. Take your illustrator drawing and make sure you have a box that covers the whole puzzle area, this will be your reference for you photo. Take all the shapes in your illustrator document and break the up into individual layers within Illustrator. When you import into Invigorator or ProAnimator your will will have all your shapes as individual objects and not as groups.
When you bring the illustrator document into AE in general you can bring it in as composition as cropped layers. these shapes will act as masks for your image. For every shape you will need a copy of your image. Each shape will be used as a alpha matte. I think you will need to make these two layers (image and alpha matte) into a sub comp. These sub comps will be used as layer maps for Invigorator or ProAnimator to map the artwork to the corresponding shape.
Hope this helps.

Return to posts index

John Rich
Re: Jigsaw Puzzle
on Sep 28, 2009 at 3:27:03 pm

Ken,
Thanks for the help. I'm still working on this so I'll let you know if I need more help. The idea of mapping the masked picture onto the pieces didn't surface in my mind, and I appreciate the idea.
Unfortunately, Illustrator is still giving me some problems, but hopefully I'll have an example out in a couple of days.
Thanks again.
John

JOHNR

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]