ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

The Future of ProAnimator. Is multithreading in it?

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ken Latman
The Future of ProAnimator. Is multithreading in it?
on Sep 26, 2009 at 6:07:11 pm

I have a long and complex animation that I have made in ProAnimator. It is taken a very long time to make a movie. Is there any way to speed the rendering time? I currently have it at the ProAnimator render rather then the Open-GL render because I want the subtle detail.
I have a new MacPro and I notice in the activity monitor that ProAnimator is only using one processor. Is there any way to span the work load over the other processors to speed things up? Is this in ProAnimator's future?

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
Re: The Future of ProAnimator. Is multithreading in it?
on Sep 29, 2009 at 4:30:17 pm

Hi Ken,

If you are working with After Effects, you can try rendering your project in After Effects, and using the Multiprocessing setting within After Effects.

While we have a lot of new features planned for the future of ProAnimator, I don't have any specific details in regards to multithreading at the moment. I will pass along your message to our developers so they are aware of your feedback.

Thanks!
Edward

Return to posts index

Ken Latman
Re: The Future of ProAnimator. Is multithreading in it?
on Sep 29, 2009 at 9:03:24 pm

This does work 500% faster (with Nucleo Pro2) Sometimes though I only work in ProAnimator and want to render out. That is why I asked. If you could even drop the ProAnimator file into the Nucleo Render that would be a big plus.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]