ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Photoshop Invigorator Help with Illustrator Vector

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Beverly SettlemyrePhotoshop Invigorator Help with Illustrator Vector
by on Sep 25, 2009 at 4:27:44 am

Hello,

Recently I created an image in Photoshop and saved it as a .tiff file so I could convert it to a vector file in Illustrator. (The image is all black, if that matters.)

I took the steps to convert my .tiff into a vector (File>Place, Object>Live Trace>Make and Convert to Life Paint, Expand, then saved as a CS3 file with the compression box UNchecked).

I am then importing the file into the Photoshop Invigorator (Filter>Zaxwerks>3d Invigorator>Open Illustrator File) and when I do, the image shows up, BUT, it looks like a cookie cutter shape (as shown here: http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/2286/invigtroublephoto.jpg

I don’t want the square outline, I just want the actual picture (which is the butterfly) to be turned into 3d. Does this make sense?
I don’t know what I’m doing wrong and I’ve messed around with several options and can’t seem to figure it out. :( Any help would

- Beverly

Return to posts index

Edward WuRe: Photoshop Invigorator Help with Illustrator Vector
by on Sep 25, 2009 at 4:49:30 pm

Hi Beverly,

When using the Live Trace command, Illustrator traces the outline of your design, but also will trace the outline rectangle of the picture. This is when you open up the file in 3D Invigorator, your butterfly is confined in a rectangle. In Illustrator, use the Outline mode "Cmd/Ctrl + Y" and you can see the outlines of Illustrator file. Then, use the "Ungroup" command to separate the pieces of your design. After ungrouping, you should be able to delete the outside rectangle, and your butterfly should open up properly within 3D Invigorator.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]