ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Serpentine Issue

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tony HopeSerpentine Issue
by on Sep 24, 2009 at 6:21:50 pm

Good morning Gents,

I'm having an issue I hope someone can help me solve. I am animating a 3D scene in AFX with camera and lights. It's a group of boxes, and I'm using Serpentine to animate a couple of extruded stars that come up from behind the box stack. Pretty much everything in the scene is casting a shadow on the ground plane (except for the Serpentine objects). My problem is, as soon as the Serpentine layer becomes visible in the timeline all of my shadows disappear. Now I admit I'm just learning this plug-in, so I don't fully understand how the extruded objects interact with other objects in a scene (question for another time). Currently I have the Serpentine layer at the bottom of the timeline stack and above the ground plane. This forces the extrusions to sit behind the existing 3D layers (where I want them). The 3D layer check box is NOT turned on for the Serpentine layer (as I believe it needs to be off). Anyone have a thought on why my shadows are disappearing?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Return to posts index

Edward WuRe: Serpentine Issue
by on Sep 24, 2009 at 9:32:04 pm

Hi Tony,

3D Serpentine shouldn't keep the shadows of your other layers from appearing. Have you tried disabling the visibility of the 3D Serpentine layer to see if the the shadow issue is still happening? If you are still seeing the shadow issue after disabling the 3D Serpentine layer, then it might be something else that is causing the issue.

If the issue is related to 3D Serpentine, please send your project file to ed@zaxwerks.com and I'll take a look at your setup and see what you are running into.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]