ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Is there any hope of animating the lighting from withing Proanimator any time soon?

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Schmitt
Is there any hope of animating the lighting from withing Proanimator any time soon?
on Sep 24, 2009 at 2:18:29 pm

Hi there,

You know, AE lights just don't look as good as the lights within ProAninimator!

I have searced the posts here and as of 2007, ProAnimator still does not support that feature. Does it now (and i just don't see it in the manual) or is it on the horizon?

Thanks!

MIKE

Return to posts index

Matt Rhodes
Re: Is there any hope of animating the lighting from withing Proanimator any time soon?
on Sep 24, 2009 at 4:15:02 pm

Hi Mike.

The Parallel Lights in AE should work the same as the internal lights in ProAnimator.
Additionally, you can use the other light types that AE offers to light the PA scene.
Inside PA, only the default set of non-animatable parallel lights are supported.

Can you tell us what you mean by "don't look as good?" I'd like to see what differences you're seeing.

Thanks.

Matt Rhodes
Zaxwerks, Inc.

Return to posts index

Mike Schmitt
Re: Is there any hope of animating the lighting from withing Proanimator any time soon?
on Sep 24, 2009 at 4:22:32 pm

By 'don't look as good' I mean that when i Rotate light one or light two around the glove in PA, the object looks really cool and shiney.

In AE, I have been using the spot light. Not parallel. This may be my problem. The AE lights were making the object look like a glowing, flat, two dimensional object.

I don't want to animate the object. I am just trying to make a gold logo that shimmers once. Maybe sparkles, but that's asking a lot.

I'll try parallel lights this afternoon.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]