ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

3d layer warp and reflector

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill Triplett
3d layer warp and reflector
on Sep 4, 2009 at 2:15:29 am

I am using reflector on the floor of a scene. Works great with everything except the layer with 3d layer warp. Should I expect to see the 3d layer warp layer reflected?

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
Re: 3d layer warp and reflector
on Sep 4, 2009 at 4:34:10 pm

Hi Bill,

Sure, Reflector works with 3D Layer Warp as well. Make sure to set the Reflector layer so that it is below the the 3D Warp layer. In addition, adjust the Y Position and X Rotation of the floor so that it is in a good position/angle to reflect the Layer Warp.

After you have positioned everything, make sure that the "Hide 2D Layers" option is unchecked. By default, this option is checked, and it will hide all 2D Layers. Since 3D Warp is applied to a 2D image/solid, the warp effect will be hidden as well. By unchecking this option, you will be able to see your 3D Layer Warp effect.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Bill Triplett
on Sep 6, 2009 at 6:51:18 pm

I have the 2e layer warp above the floor with reflector. I have the "hide 2d layer" unchecked and I have adjusted the x and y reflection from -200 to +400 with no reflection of the 3d layer warp layer. My other elements reflect fine.

Return to posts index

Bill Triplett
on Sep 6, 2009 at 7:22:03 pm

Forgot to mention that my cylinder in 3d layer warp consists of individual photos.

Return to posts index

Bill Triplett
on Sep 7, 2009 at 4:28:15 pm

I've started over several times. No problem with the reflection of the 3d layer warp as a solid cylinder. Once I use the layer with pics though I lose the reflection.

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
on Sep 8, 2009 at 9:23:13 pm

Hi Bill,

Reflector should have no issues working with 3D Warps. The reflection will change based on the size of the image that you use, so it's important to find the right position for the reflection. I attached a screen shot below of a sample with a 3D Warps cylinder as well as a floor surface with Reflector applied.

If you are still having any issues with the setup, you can try e-mailing me the project file and I will take a look at your setup for you.

My e-mail address is ed@zaxwerks.com

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Bill Triplett
on Sep 8, 2009 at 9:42:40 pm

Thanks. I can see the same reflection until I apple the warp to a layer of pics. I'll keep trying.

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
on Sep 8, 2009 at 10:11:48 pm

Hi Bill,

It's better to apply 3D Warps to a Comp Sized Solid. Otherwise, if you apply 3D Warps to a picture, you may run into clipping issues (where the image or the reflection is being cut off). Once you apply 3D Warps to a Comp Sized Solid, you can then apply your image to 3D Warps by going to "Color Controls" then go to "Color Map" and apply your image map.

If you are still having problems, please contact me.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Bill Triplett
on Sep 8, 2009 at 10:35:26 pm

If I apply an image map to the solid I'll still see the solid. I'm not giving up

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]