ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

No Usable Vector Paths Found

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Sussman
No Usable Vector Paths Found
on Sep 2, 2009 at 7:43:33 pm

One of the vector files somebody sent me is extremely complicated and will not open up in Zaxwerks ProAnimator 4.5.1. This file (originally an .eps but opened in AI CS2 and saved out again as a .ai file) has hundreds of Groups containing Clipping Paths. When I try to import this file in to Zax it says that there were no usable vector paths found. The problem is that even if clipping paths don't work in Zax, there were still plenty of "regular" solid shape paths too but Zax didn't recognize any of them. I'm only familiar with "regular" shape paths and not clipping paths in Illustrator. Is there any way to convert these Clipping Path Groups into regular Paths or whatever I have to do to get this logo to work in Zax?

P.S. This is a totally different issue then the other issue I posted a few minutes ago.

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
Re: No Usable Vector Paths Found
on Sep 3, 2009 at 4:52:10 pm

Hi Mike,

There are a few possibilities when getting that error message. First off, if you save the file with compression in Illustrator, you will see that error message. In addition, if the file contains pixel effects/images, you will also receive the error message. This means, if the file contains an image (visible or not) that the logo was traced from, or if there are effects such as drop shadows that have been applied.

In terms of "Clipping Paths", are you referring to "Compound Paths"? If you mean Compound Paths, then the program should have no issues taking in the Compound paths.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]