ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Illustrator Colors Import As Grays and Black Only

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike SussmanIllustrator Colors Import As Grays and Black Only
by on Sep 2, 2009 at 7:29:58 pm

I can't figure this problem out. I have some .ai files created in Adobe Illustrator CS2 and I was able to import them into Zaxwerk ProAmimator 4.5.1 while maintaining their .ai colors without any problems - even very complicated ones. I also have some other .ai files (originally made by somebody else but opened in AI CS2 and saved out again) that I'm trying to import into Zax while maintaining their .ai colors but it's always coming in as only gray and black shapes. I am staring at what could be different between the two files and can't see anything different other than the actual shapes and colors of each logo (ie. all paths or compound paths, no strokes, no gradients, no groups, all RGB, etc.) Even trying a super-simple .ai file of just 5 simple solid shapes won't import with color. So I don't get it! What would be causing these logos (originally made by somebody else but opened in AI CS2 and saved out again) to not import as gray and black shapes, while other logos I made in the same AI CS2 program to import their colors perfectly fine? Any ideas? I can send somebody a copy of each file (one that works and one that doesn't)

P.S. I've read throughout the forums for similar problems. None of my logos have any gradients - just simple solid fills.

Return to posts index

Edward WuRe: Illustrator Colors Import As Grays and Black Only
by on Sep 3, 2009 at 4:58:54 pm

Hi Mike,

My original thought was that you may have strokes applied onto the objects. However, since you mentioned that there are no strokes applied, I'll have to take a look at what you're running into.

Please send the Illustrator files to me at ed@zaxwerks.com and I'll look into the issue.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]