ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Little Boxes ghosting in the Viewport around mouse pointer

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jeff mironLittle Boxes ghosting in the Viewport around mouse pointer
by on Aug 21, 2009 at 8:51:03 am

Using PA 4.5 When I drad on a Materail or oject styles, I get these little white boxes gosting around the mouse pointer. I have Vista 64 with Nvidia GTX260 graphics card. I am set up in the nvidia control panel to let the application decide the Performance. I have no Problems like this in MAya, C4d or Houdini all of the open gl viewports work great. Is there somthing I can do to make this stop. The boxes overlap and dont go away until I unclick the mouse so they cover up all of the text /objects in the viewport grid. Also is there a regular style of forum than this vertical stacking bulliten board. I have a hard time in these types of forums. I appreciate any help you can give , thanks

Return to posts index

Edward WuRe: Little Boxes ghosting in the Viewport around mouse pointer
by on Aug 21, 2009 at 5:54:26 pm

Hi Jeff,

If you are using ProAnimator inside of After Effects and you have undocked panels within After Effects, it could cause graphic glitches/flickering inside the program. To fix this, dock all panels within After Effects, and you will not run into this issue anymore. You can dock all panels by selecting the "Effects" workspace, then selecting the "Reset Effects" command.

If you are not using ProAnimator within After Effects, then I'm unfamiliar with what you mean by "ghosting little boxes" Please upload an image, or send an image to ed@zaxwerks.com so I can see what you are running into.

However, judging from what you are describing, it sounds like you may be running into display issues. I would recommend checking your graphics card and updating the driver to the latest version.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

jeff mironRe: Little Boxes ghosting in the Viewport around mouse pointer
by on Aug 23, 2009 at 6:11:47 am

I have uploaded a video in .mov format. I cliccked the little Movie Icon in the message toolbar but it says has to be moderated. Well see if they approve it.

Return to posts index

by on Aug 24, 2009 at 8:14:13 am

here is a link tie the video file, Please look at it and tell me How I can fix this. http://reels.creativecow.net/film/little-boxes'> http://reels.creativecow.net/film/little-boxes

Return to posts index

Edward WuRe: Little Boxes ghosting in the Viewport around mouse pointer
by on Aug 24, 2009 at 5:51:10 pm

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for posting that video. Try going into "Camera Mode" and then switching the renderer from "High Quality OpenGL" to "Invigorator Renderer".

It could be a OpenGL display issue you are running into, so switching the renderer could help with the issue you're running into.

Let me know if you are still having issues.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

by on Aug 25, 2009 at 10:39:40 am

nope still happenng, ired ll configs, Render chabge, NO AA no ALpha resoltion 648 x648 In cam mode. same result, I guess you have never seen this before. I have see somthing similar, When running C4d in 32 bit mode if I have a high poly count it will default to Box mode and render all of the objects as Boxes until I stop moving the scene aroung, It like I am stuck in Box mode. Any specific Nvidia control pannel settings I can set for the app specifically

Return to posts index

Matt RhodesRe: Little Boxes ghosting in the Viewport around mouse pointer
by on Aug 25, 2009 at 5:18:43 pm

Hi Jeff.

There does seem to be a refresh problem with the OpenGL window. I'm guessing it relates to an incompatibility between our software and your graphics card.
We don't currently have a solution, but hopefully it's not too much of an annoyance.

Let us know if you have any more questions.

Matt Rhodes
Zaxwerks, Inc.

Return to posts index

by on Aug 26, 2009 at 4:15:11 am

It is a MSI Nvidia GTX260 and I am the only one to have this Issue?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]