ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

How to apply after effects animations to proanimator text

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jeff sherkHow to apply after effects animations to proanimator text
by on Aug 16, 2009 at 2:59:15 am

I am using ProAnimator 4.5.1 plugin for After Effects CS3.

I can create the text in the ProAnimator plugin, but when I try to apply an animation preset from AE it does nothing.

Is there a setting I am missing, or maybe I am going about it the wrong way?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Edward WuRe: How to apply after effects animations to proanimator text
by on Aug 17, 2009 at 6:22:12 pm

Hi Jeff,

To create animations, you use the "Animation" window within ProAnimator. Select your objects, and in the Animation window, select the "Object Animations" and you can select one of the animation presets to use for your project. In addition, you can also choose the "Camera Animations" to select a camera animation preset to use for your project.

To learn more about creating animations with ProAnimator, you visit our ProAnimator video tutorials below, which will help get you started.

http://zaxwerks.com/training/

If you need more information, please look into the ProAnimator manual, which will provide tips and techniques about how to create animations within ProAnimator.

http://zaxwerks.com/docs.shtml

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

jeff sherkRe: How to apply after effects animations to proanimator text
by on Aug 17, 2009 at 6:36:05 pm

Thanks for the reply...

I know how to create animations from AE within ProAnimator, and then they will play back within AE.

What I don't know how to do (maybe it's not possible), is to create my 3D text within ProAnimator, but then do all the animations from within AE. When the text is brought in AE it is NOT 3D... it is still 2D.

So I guess another way to ask my question is, how do I bring 3D text from ProAnimator into AE as a 3D object that can then be manipulated in AE.

Again, maybe it's not possible, but thought I would ask.

Thanks

Return to posts index

by on Aug 18, 2009 at 5:08:10 pm

Hi Jeff,

Make sure to apply ProAnimator onto a Comp sized Solid. If you don't not apply ProAnimator onto a Comp sized Solid, your objects will not look right. ProAnimator 3D objects are projected onto the Comp sized Solid.

When you work with ProAnimator, you have to do all your animations within ProAnimator unless you are looking to work with camera animations. If you are working with camera animations, select the option to "Use Comp Camera". Then when you're moving the camera around within After Effects, your 3D Objects will react to your camera movements. It's also possible to have your After Effects lights affect your ProAnimator objects if you select the setting to "Use Comp Lights".

If you are looking to move your objects with keyframes, null objects, or expressions, it's the way that 3D Invigorator does its animations. However, 3D Invigorator works the same way in the same sense that the 3D objects are projected onto a Comp sized Solid.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

jeff sherkRe: How to apply after effects animations to proanimator text
by on Aug 18, 2009 at 11:27:29 pm

Thanks Edward...

That's great! If you leave the Solid Layer as a 2D layer you can actually orbit around the object in 3D... that was exactly what I was trying to figure out how to do... I was putting the ProAnimator on either a text layer or a null layer and of course I was not able to orbit around it!

Thank you

Return to posts index

by on Aug 19, 2009 at 12:00:00 am

You're welcome. Glad to hear that you're able to get your ProAnimator project set up.

Right, the key is to make the Solid comp sized, and also keep it as a 2D layer.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]