ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Seamless loop in invigorator ?

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christopher Rotter
Seamless loop in invigorator ?
on Jul 30, 2009 at 3:19:25 pm

I understand that to create a seamless loop the last frame must be the same as the first. That is not working in invigorator. I'm looking to create a seamless loop in invigorator, currently I have two frames one frame is set to 370 degrees, and the other is set to 740 degrees but it won't loop seamlessly.

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
Re: Seamless loop in invigorator ?
on Jul 30, 2009 at 5:54:27 pm

Hi Chris,

Right, you'll have to set up your animation so that it leads up to the other animation. I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish but if you are trying to animate a turn, you will have to set it up so it turns from 370 degrees to 740, and then back from 740 to 370. Then you can loop the animation over and over.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Christopher Rotter
on Jul 31, 2009 at 1:04:43 am

I should have two keyframes, one at 370 and one at 740 ? That is what I currently have setup, I don't understand.

Return to posts index

Zax Dow
on Jul 31, 2009 at 5:21:07 pm

HI Chris,

There are only 360 degrees is a single revolution. If you are just trying to do a simple spin loop, then you will be adding 360 for each spin, not 370.

By the way, in a complete 360 loop both the first and last frames will be identical, so you'll have to render one frame less than the complete loop to make it seamless. If you include both the first and last frames you'll see a tiny hitch in the animation because it's playing the same frame twice. For example if you set your keyframes at 1 and 120 then only render 1 through 119. Frames 1 and 120 will be duplicates.

Hope that helps,
Zax

Return to posts index

Christopher Rotter
on Jul 31, 2009 at 9:28:19 pm

I made the last keyframe 1 degree less then 360 and it's now seamless, simple enough but sometimes you just forget, thank you!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]