ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

3D Layer Warp and disappearing layer

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill Triplett3D Layer Warp and disappearing layer
by on Jun 29, 2009 at 4:56:21 pm

I have a layer that is 8640 X 480. When I apply 3D Layer Warp the layer disappears. Are there limitations? Seems to work on a 720 wide layer.

Return to posts index

Bill TriplettRe: 3D Layer Warp and disappearing layer
by on Jun 29, 2009 at 5:32:32 pm

It appears as though the layer width shrinks so that once I get beyond about 1800 pixels wide the image disappears.

Return to posts index

Edward WuRe: 3D Layer Warp and disappearing layer
by on Jun 29, 2009 at 9:44:59 pm

Hi Bill,

I'm thinking you are probably running into a clipping issue when you are using the option to "Use Comp Camera". The After Effects camera has a clipping distance of 30,000 units, so when you are making large objects, and pan out on the camera, eventually you will reach a point where the camera clips the object and it might look like your image disappears.

If you have an example project for me to look at, you can send it to ed@zaxwerks.com

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Bill TriplettRe: 3D Layer Warp and disappearing layer
by on Jun 29, 2009 at 11:02:42 pm

Thank you but things just changed. Starting with unchecking the comp camera. I may be getting somewhere. I can see the layer. It appears to have magnified and it only shows me a small horizontal strip but fills the comp window.

Return to posts index

Edward WuRe: 3D Layer Warp and disappearing layer
by on Jun 30, 2009 at 12:16:55 am

Hi Bill,

If you're not using the Comp camera, you can zoom out and adjust the angles to what you like in the Camera section. Since you are working with a large Solid, you will have to lower the value of "Camera Lens" to have the layer fit inside your Composition.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]