ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

ProAnimator Performance

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Broom
ProAnimator Performance
on Jun 16, 2009 at 12:09:50 am

I have used ProAnimator for about 6 months now. When I first started using it the performance was pretty fast. Now is seems that the performance as slowed way down and I have increased my system RAM since. For example a graphic i've worked with in the past would pop right up when I would render frame. Now it takes 10-15 seconds. This my system info:

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: iMac
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 4 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Bus Speed: 800 MHz

Any suggestions on how to regain the speed back? Thank you for any help.

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
Re: ProAnimator Performance
on Jun 16, 2009 at 6:20:08 pm

Hi Ryan,

If you have switched to using the Hi-Quality OpenGL Renderer, then you may want to switch back to the Invigorator Renderer and see if that performs better for you. Some users have experienced slowdown using the Hi-Quality Open GL Renderer, so check to see if you are experiencing that as well.

Also, see if you have lowered the Object Faceting setting than compared to the past. For example, if you used to render the frame at a Final Object Faceting of "0.5", and now render with settings of "0.01", that could slow down the rendering time as well. In addition, if you are using "0.01" Preview Object Faceting, this could greatly reduce the speed of the program when working within the ProAnimator interface.

If haven't done so already, you can also download the latest Video Card drivers, which could speed up the program as well.

Let me know if this helps.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]