ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

ProAnimator "Spin Y" problems

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan BroomProAnimator "Spin Y" problems
by on Jun 11, 2009 at 7:35:30 pm

I have 3D letters spinning around a logo using the transition setting path action.

Problem #1: The Words spin great until it reaches close to the end and then start to contract towards the middle. Then before the end of the timeline it goes back to the proper radius.

Problem #2: Is there a way to slowdown the rate of spinning?

Any help would be appreciated

Return to posts index

Edward WuRe: ProAnimator "Spin Y" problems
by on Jun 11, 2009 at 9:32:54 pm

Hi Ryan,

Problem #1: The Words spin great until it reaches close to the end and then start to contract towards the middle. Then before the end of the timeline it goes back to the proper radius.

For this situation, you might have to play with your rotations a little bit and see how it is affecting your animation. If the rotation is going past the original position, the rotation might spin back a little bit. Tweak the rotation value, and see if you can get it to rotate correctly. If not, send me your project and I'll take a look at the setup for you.

My e-mail address is ed@zaxwerks.com

Problem #2: Is there a way to slowdown the rate of spinning?

The rate of spinning is based on the degrees of rotation that you applied to the animation. The higher the value you input, the faster the spin will be. For example, if you applied a 1080 degree rotation in one transition, it will attempt to spin 3 times throughout the course of the transition. A 360 rotation would make the object spin just once.

In addition, you can adjust the length of the transition to make the rotation slower. The longer you stretch out the transition, the slower the rotation.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Ryan BroomRe: ProAnimator "Spin Y" problems
by on Jun 16, 2009 at 12:00:55 am

Thanks for the help, it worked great.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]