ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

M&M Candy Shape??

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David DistintiM&M Candy Shape??
by on Jun 4, 2009 at 4:03:47 pm

I need to create an object shaped like an M&M candy.
How do I go about doing this. I'm sure this a no brainer
but I simply can't find the correct setting to accomplish this.

I have InvigPro with AE-CS4 (WinXP).

Regards,
Dave

Return to posts index

Edward WuRe: M&M Candy Shape??
by on Jun 4, 2009 at 9:45:08 pm

Hi David,

To pull do this, you will have to use custom edges to get the look you wanted. First, you will need to go into the "Documents (Mac) / My Documents (Win) > Zaxwerks > 3D Invigorator > Custom Edges" and open the Edge Examples.ai file. In the Edge Examples file, draw a curve in a new layer. Name the layer "M&M".

The curve should look similar to the example picture below:

Once you completed drawing the custom edge, save the Illustrator file, and create a new Illustrator file.

In the new Illustrator file, draw a tiny circle (which we will use to apply the custom edge on), and save the file "tiny circle.ai" without compression.

Next, open ProAnimator, and use the "Open Illustrator File" command to open the "tiny circle.ai" file. Then, in the Object tab to the right, select the bevel "M&M", and you will be able to get the M&M shape. To make the shape smooth, turn the Object Faceting settings to to "0.05" or "0.01".

After you adjusted all the settings, you should be able to get the M&M shapes shown below:

If you need more information on Custom Edges, please visit our Goodies page provided below:
http://zaxwerks.com/goodies/custom_edges.shtml

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Serge HamadRe: M&M Candy Shape??
by on Jun 5, 2009 at 2:55:34 am

Hi,

Learning about custom edges is very important if you want to master Invigorator/ProAnimator. You may want to check out the "Custom Edges" tutorial here at the Cow.

Another very useful feature is the Scale option. (Located in the Stats Menu)

If you create a sphere primitive, open the Stats menu and alter the (Z) Scale to (0.3 or so)you will get a perfect M&M shape with two clicks.

Salut,
Serge

Invigorator/Proanimator Training: http://library.creativecow.net/articles/hamad_serge/invig_training.php

Return to posts index

David DistintiRe: M&M Candy Shape??
by on Jun 5, 2009 at 5:41:25 am

Thanks for the help guys. I really appreciate it!

Regards,
Dave

Return to posts index

Edward WuRe: M&M Candy Shape??
by on Jun 6, 2009 at 12:36:00 am

You're welcome.

Thanks for the tip Serge. That was a quick tip!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]