ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Text shape issue

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Angela Bertalotto
Text shape issue
on May 29, 2009 at 3:45:04 am

Below is an image of some text I am having problems with. The "O" in FREEDOM is warped at the bottom. I tried messing around with object faceting and spike buster, neither worked. I should mention I am using the Text right in Invigorator and the "O" in that window is fine. Any suggestions? This is an HD file so it will be noticeable.

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
Re: Text shape issue
on May 29, 2009 at 11:04:20 pm

Hi Angela,

Since you mentioned that you changed the Object Faceting settings, let's try changing those settings a bit. Try setting both the Preview and Final Object Faceting value to "0.1". This will make the edges of your Objects the smoothest. After you set both Object Faceting values to "0.1", check in the 3D Invigorator interface and see if the "O" is smooth around all edges. If there is still that little edge, it might mean that the path of the character was not built properly, which is what is causing that little edge. If that's the case, you can try going into Illustrator, and using the same font. Then, use the "Create Outlines" command, and fix the path. After the path has been fixed, you can use the "Open Illustrator File" command in 3D Invigorator to import the type back into the program.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Angela Bertalotto
on Jun 1, 2009 at 3:17:52 am

Hi Edward,

Thanks for responding. Yup I know about creating outlines in Illustrator. I need to avoid that because I have to produce 20 different movies with the same font, etc.. I know I can save an object style and import an AI file but I would rather keep the type right in Invigorator. I did set the object faceting to 0.1 on both settings. I think you are right about this particular font having a bad character. I ended up just switching to a similar font for that letter. It worked out good.

Thanks again for your input, I truly appreciated it!

Angela

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
on Jun 1, 2009 at 11:40:25 pm

Hi Angela,

Thanks for the update. Good to hear you were able to work around the issue for that bad character.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]