ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Movie Mapping in 3D Invig

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gregory KuhnMovie Mapping in 3D Invig
by on May 20, 2009 at 8:46:40 pm

Don't use 3D Invig very often but I was wanting to create some simple shapes and map a movie to the face of them. I can apply a.psd easily, is there any way to apply a movie file?

Return to posts index

Edward WuRe: Movie Mapping in 3D Invig
by on May 21, 2009 at 9:29:42 pm

Hi Gregory,

To map a movie to your 3D Invigorator objects, you will have to use the "Layer Map" feature.

To do this, first import your movie into After Effects. Then, drag the movie clip onto your timeline, and hide the layer. Select the layer that you have 3D Invigorator applied to, then in the Effect Controls panel, find Layer Maps, and select the movie clip for Layer Map 1.

To create a material with the Layer Map, click the little red ball to enter the 3D Invigorator interface. Then go to the Materials tab, and next to the texture map grey box, you will see a pulldown menu with a "-". Click on the pulldown menu, and you will be able to designate the layer map to the material. Now you can apply your material to your object. When using a layer map, you won't be able to see what the movie looks like in the 3D Invigorator interface. However, once you go back to the After Effects composition, you will be able to see the movie applied to your object.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Jennifer OcchiconeRe: Movie Mapping in 3D Invig
by on May 28, 2009 at 4:38:11 pm

Is there anyway to rotate the movie? I have a movie I mapped onto the side of my object, and the motion of the movie was going across the side, I want it to go down the side. So, I rotated the movie in AE and re-rendered it and brought that new movie back in and applied the new movie to the layer map, but it is still going in the same direction, across the side? Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]