ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

copying objects from one zaxwerks project to another...

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jennifer Occhicone
copying objects from one zaxwerks project to another...
on May 7, 2009 at 4:58:58 pm

Is it possible to copy objects from one zaxwerks comp into another?

I am having 3D elements "add on" over time. I made several different layers in AE and each layer has it's own zaxwerks project. 1st layer has race track oval(3d zax)... 2nd layer has race track oval and granstands(3d zax)... third layer has race track oval, granstands and start finish line(3d zax)... so on and so forth

I staggered layers and animated the layer transparency so it looks like the 3D objects are fading up.

It worked fine but now they want to add an object the reveals on in second layer. I need to add those objects to the proceeding layers too in position. Any suggestions so I do not need to start from scratch?

Oh how I wish there was a way to keyframe each objects transparency in zaxwerks...

Jen

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
Re: copying objects from one zaxwerks project to another...
on May 8, 2009 at 12:14:43 am

Hi Jen,

I'm assuming you're using 3D Invigorator, please correct me if you are using ProAnimator.

In 3D Invigorator, you can move objects from one scene to another by using the "Export Objects" command in the Object Mode > Object Dropdown menu.

In any of your scenes, you can then use the "Import Objects" command to bring any object back in. This will allow you to match up all of your objects together, and move them to separate scenes if you need to.

By importing the objects from one scene to the next, you shouldn't need to start your project from scratch.

Hope this helps with your animation.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]