ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Invigorator 3D tracking question

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard Wiezonko
Invigorator 3D tracking question
on Mar 28, 2009 at 4:00:09 pm

Hey guys,

I'm rather new to the entire adobe after effects, I was trying to use 3D tracking with invigorator but I come up with a problem.

I put every character of my name into a different set, also I've made a guide layer and connected the guide layer to a specific set.
What instantly happends is that the character moves to the far left of my guide layer (not on the center). This makes it very hard to set a nice path for the characters.

I've added a screenshot below to show what I mean:

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
Re: Invigorator 3D tracking question
on Mar 30, 2009 at 7:24:17 pm

Hi Richard,

I believe what you're running into is that you've moved the position of the guide layer so when you apply the guide to the Invigorator Set, it applies the position move from the guide layer to the "R". If you reset the transform, you should be able to set the character back to its default position.

If you need the position the layer guide onto your object so change the anchor point value instead of the position.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

John Rich
on Mar 31, 2009 at 4:22:35 pm

Edward,
What I think Richard wants is be able to animate over a bezier path each letter of this word from a different spot so it comes into the final word. He wants to be able to have the letter track over the bezier curve so he can see where it is going easily.
When he (and I) use the guide layer for a control layer (separate one for each letter which we have put into separate sets), the letter moves with the guide layer, but there is a large distance between the guide layer and the letter as he shows. It has nothing to do with moving the guide layer.

Trying to move the anchor point of the guide layer didn't seem to change the situation (at least as far as I could see).

The only way I could see to do this would be to use separate invigorators and tracking layers, instead of multiple sets in one invigorator with multiple tracking layers.

Is it possible to track the bezier paths closely using multiple sets and guide layers?

John Rich

JOHNR

Return to posts index

Serge Hamad
Small Tutorial here
on Mar 31, 2009 at 9:09:50 pm

Hi everyone,

In order for you to have each letter stick to its assigned 3D controller layer, you need first to place each letter (In the Set-Up window)at the center of the world origin. This one is located at the center of the floor grid. Each letter must also have its pivot point residing at its own center.

At last, you need to create an AE camera and tell Invigorator to use it.

I created a small tutorial for you that I hope will help you understand the method.

Tutorial (17 MB):
http://www.nyc-visual.com/tracking.mov

Salut.
Serge

Invigorator/Proanimator Training: http://library.creativecow.net/articles/hamad_serge/invig_training.php

Return to posts index

Richard Wiezonko
Re: Small Tutorial here
on Mar 31, 2009 at 9:57:13 pm

Hey guys,

thanks for all the responds on the question, just wanna let you know I really appreciate it! Now I can play around with after effects again.

Thanks for your all your times,

Richard

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
on Mar 31, 2009 at 10:02:54 pm

Hi John,

I see. I misunderstood. Serge put out a great tutorial that you can look at.

If you want to keep the letters in the same positions, here's another take. Set up your characters, create the guide layer, and assign the "Track 3D Layer" for your sets. Adjust the "Position" value of the guide layer so that it's in the same position as your character and draw your path. You'll notice your letter change in position to correspond with the "Position" change. To fix this, click the little red ball to go back into the Invigorator Setup window, and reposition the letter into its original position. Click OK to go back to the After Effects. In the "Set" pulldown menu, select "Recenter Pivot". Your letter should now move along with the guide layer.

Hope this helps!

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

John Rich
on Apr 1, 2009 at 12:10:44 am

Serge, thanks so much for your informative tutorial.
Edward also thanks for your help.
However, I'm still lost a little.

I think we want the text to wind up in position. I set position KF's for all controlers at about 4 sec in TL so the final position would be set.
Then I went back Home, and tried to move the controler over the first letter. This moved the first letter away from the work along the x axis.
I then tried to reposition the first letter back into the word, by selecting it in the setup window and hitting "reset", but nothing happens. The only way I could get the letter to realign was by trial and error which never works out perfectly.
Edward is that how you meant "reposition the letter into the original position, or is there a specific button to push.
Thanks again.
John

JOHNR

Return to posts index

Serge Hamad
on Apr 1, 2009 at 3:46:11 am

John, if you followed the tutorial or Edward's advice you shouldn't have to reset anything. In other words you must first center your letters, THEN animate them with your control layers.

If you are still stuck, feel free to send me your aep: (serge at nyc-visual dot com)

Salut,
Serge

Invigorator/Proanimator Training: http://library.creativecow.net/articles/hamad_serge/invig_training.php

Return to posts index

John Rich
on Apr 1, 2009 at 6:41:01 pm

Serge,
Thanks so much. What I wound up doing was putting the TLI where I wanted the word to appear together (it was still stacked one letter on top of another), and then spread it out appropriately sliding it along the x axis. Then I could go home and move each controler where I wanted it so each letter would move along a bezier path into final position tracking the controler perfectly.
Thanks for teaching a ton about center points and how to set them up. You're the man.
John

JOHNR

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]