ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Bevel Question

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ed DaherBevel Question
by on Mar 25, 2009 at 11:35:32 pm

Hello,
I need the face of my text to come to a point. I am limited only getting a partial bevel with the presets in PA. I tried to create my own in Illustrator and when I try to create the “V” to act as the point and bring it into PA I get two “V”s. Not sure what I’m doing wrong. Any help would be appreciated.
Ed

Return to posts index

Edward WuRe: Bevel Question
by on Mar 26, 2009 at 10:57:57 pm

Hi Ed,

I'm not sure how sharp you want this bevel to become. However, using the bevel preset "Flare, Straight" and adjusting the Edge Scale and Edge Offset controls, you can get pretty good results. Here's a screen shot of my set up.

In case the picture comes out small, the settings are:
Bevel: Flare, Stright
Edge Scale: 92
Edge Offset: -2
SpikeBuster: 15

The rest of the settings are default.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Ed DaherRe: Bevel Question
by on Mar 27, 2009 at 12:37:24 am

Edward,
Thanks so much for your reply. I am using PA v4.5.0 and I don’t have Bevel: Flare, Straight in my list of bevels. Is there a way to get this preset or is there a way to make this in Illustrator?
Thanks,
Ed

Return to posts index

by on Mar 27, 2009 at 5:01:46 pm

Hi Ed,

Sorry, I should have been more specific. Inside the "Object" tab, go to the "Edges" section and change the Outside Edges for the bevel into "Flare Straight". You should be able to find "Flare, Straight" under the category "Special Purpose".

This bevel type should be a preset that comes with the program. If you are still having any issues finding the bevel, let me know.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Ed DaherRe: Bevel Question
by on Mar 27, 2009 at 11:01:20 pm

Thanks Edward, for your quick reply. I found “Flare Straight” and it works great to a certain extent. I’m still trying to bring it to a sharp point. The logo and text I’m trying to create in PA needs to have a sharp point. The logo is the most important to recreate. Thanks again for your help.
Ed

Return to posts index

by on Mar 28, 2009 at 12:00:46 am

Hi Ed,

What I would try then, is to take the font that you are using, and edit the outlines in Adobe Illustrator. Manually make the outlines as narrow as possible. You may need to play with this a little bit as I'm unsure how narrow you can make the outlines to be. The more narrow you make the edge, the "sharper" you'll be able to make it. Keep in mind that the shape you create still needs to be a closed path though. You won't be able to make 3D objects with just a line.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]