ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

What object animation am I using?

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Curry
What object animation am I using?
on Feb 23, 2009 at 7:18:05 am

Im new to Zaxwerks and Ive got some basic 2 lines of text on object Track 1. I used an object animation for the text. Then I watch one of the tutorial videos and saw that I could split apart the two lines of text by create a new Object Track. So I selected the second line of text and created a new Object Track.

However, I created this the night before and now I do not remember which object animation I used and there doesn't seem to be any place that indicates the name of the animation that is being used.

How do I find out what Object or Camera animation I have applied to an object?

Return to posts index

Zax Dow
Re: What object animation am I using?
on Feb 26, 2009 at 6:39:40 pm

Hi Stephen,

Good question. After you apply an Object Animation (whether by picking it yourself or by using the TRY button) you can see the name of the last anmation selected at the top of the Object Animation menu. In the menu you'll see a few commands, then a line, then a single animation listed by itself followed by another line. This single animation is the one that was applied.

The above technique is fine when you want to find out the name of an animation you just applied, but in your case the problem is that you quit the program. Once you quit that name disappears. So you won't be able to just read the name off the list. However I can think of a way to do it that should only take 5 minutes or so.

Create a new object such as a primitive. This will make a new object track. Now you can hit the TRY button and see if the animation applied to this new track matches the animation you added yesterday. You won't have to look at the movement of the 3D objects, just look at the timeline and see if there is the same number of segments and their lengths match. If the animation doesn't match hit the TRY button again.

Repeat hitting TRY over and over until you find the matching animation. The TRY button isn't completely random. It will go through your entire object animation list once before it chooses the same animation for a second time.

Hope that helps,
Zax

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]