ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

3D Warp very slowwwwwwwww

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Jenkins3D Warp very slowwwwwwwww
by on Feb 11, 2009 at 3:19:09 am

I purchased 3D Warp shortly after it came out, but as many times as I've tried to use it, it never works out. The first problem is that it is painfully slow, even using it with a small arrow graphic. I don't have the fastest machine in the world, but it pretty much blazes through everything else I throw at it: Quad core Mac Pro 2.66 w/ 8 Gigs o' RAM. I'm using AE CS3. The second problem comes when I try to RAM preview; AE locks up with the pinwheel of death. Maybe it's just operator error but I sure wish I knew how to make this plug-in usable.

Jason Jenkins

Flowmotion Media

Video production... with style!

Return to posts index

Jason JenkinsRe: 3D Warp very slowwwwwwwww
by on Feb 11, 2009 at 2:14:19 pm

I turned all the quality options down; geometry at 10x10, preview on 1/4, layer on draft. That certainly makes things faster. The funny thing is when I turned the quality option back up it's still much faster than it was originally. Can't explain it, but it's a good thing. Also, if I RAM preview from the Time Controls palette, it doesn't freeze up. I do keep getting an error, though, and it killed my last render. I had to force quit AE and the error message dialogue won't go away. It says:

Warning: Recovering from scene data error for
command [[AlertUsersOfOffscreenWindows]]
for class [[InvigSceneManager]] at byte 912.

Any clues what that means? Off to try another render...

Jason Jenkins

Flowmotion Media

Return to posts index

by on Feb 11, 2009 at 2:46:31 pm

All my 3D Warp renders are freezing on the last frame. I can get around it by rendering to a Targa sequence, but I still have to force quit AE every time. I'm going to try disabling multiprocessing to see if that helps.

Jason Jenkins

Flowmotion Media

Return to posts index

by on Feb 11, 2009 at 3:19:12 pm

Turning off multiprocessing seems to have done the trick. I am rendering without errors now. It doesn't seem to have affected render times either! Software... gotta love it. Each chunk of code has it's own temperament and personality.

Jason Jenkins

Flowmotion Media

Return to posts index

by on Feb 14, 2009 at 4:52:03 pm

As much as I like talking to myself, I figured I would continue this one man thread! Here is a link to the first cut of the video with the 3D Layer Warps animation. (The animation is at 1:10)

ESS Promotional

Jason Jenkins

Flowmotion Media

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]