ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Primitive Object Bevel

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ted StricklerPrimitive Object Bevel
by on Jan 30, 2009 at 4:58:18 pm

I created a "hockey puck" in ProAnimator using the Primitive Object tool but I cannot put a bevel on the edges. It will not allow me to bevel it. Why?

Ted

Return to posts index

Ted StricklerRe: Primitive Object Bevel
by on Jan 30, 2009 at 6:40:51 pm

On page 491 of the manual it says to apply the bevel in the "Edge Style List". With a primitive object there is no such option! I typed in a couple of letters and sure enough, the Edge Style List appeared for that.

Return to posts index

Serge HamadRe: Primitive Object Bevel
by on Jan 30, 2009 at 9:16:40 pm

Hi Ted,

You can't alter the edge of a primitive object. What you could do is create your puck using an IL file.(A simple circle would do)

Here is an example for you:

http://www.nyc-visual.com/hockey-puck.zip

Salut.

Serge

Invigorator/Proanimator Training: http://library.creativecow.net/articles/hamad_serge/invig_training.php

Return to posts index

by on Jan 31, 2009 at 12:20:25 am

Serge, thank you for the files. I am trying to work with them. I resized it to look like a puck but am having trouble getting the textures in the correct sides. The logo wants to wrap around the face and sides too. The knurling is good but so far I haven't been able to get it where it belongs. You certainly are very fast and I really appreciate your help.

I can't help but wonder. On page 491 of the manual (User Guide 4.0) it talks about making basic shapes inside ProAnimator and puting a radius on it. "Rounded Edge Cube" for example.

Ted

Return to posts index

by on Jan 31, 2009 at 2:54:58 pm

Thanks to Serge, I now have a very nice looking hockey puck with a logo on it and nurled edges.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]