ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Several Proanimator problems

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Burt Brown
Several Proanimator problems
on Jan 10, 2009 at 4:48:02 am

Problems with Proanimator:

Sorry this is a bit long, but it involves several problems. I've been working with Proanimator for a few months now chiefly creating some 3D objects for a project. Everything was fine until a few weeks ago when I started noticing some of my previously saved scenes would not open. It seems to be getting worse (more of the older files will not open). The error message "unable to complete the operation (*6)" will pop up. I also must completely shutdown and restart Proani. every time I want to start a new scene or the program will just shut itself down or give me the error message.

I had also created some "decals' or skins, as I call them, targas of the actual objects I was creating in 3D. I saved them in the materials bin. They worked fine to begin with but many of them are no longer working properly. They either will not attach themselves to an object (even though the thumbnail is in the bin) or the thumbnail does not depict the actual skin that becomes applied. At times in creating a new skin, I'll import the targa and will get only a black ball in the materials creation area.

Time to do a cleanout and reinstall, I thought. I looked in the "programs" files and there is no Proanimator, Zaxwerks, Invigorator files at all! I even did several searchs of the program files and nothing related came up. But the shortcut on my desktop still brings up the program, although with more and more delays asking me to locate certain image files (which are not revelant to the scene I'm opening).

I tried a new install according to the book, drag the whole file over to the main program file system. Everything showed up properly, but when I tried to open it via a newly created shortcut or directly from Proanimator.exe, it would never open completely. There was just the opening Proani. grey screen and it would hang there. By the way, I'm running Vista (no fault of my own) on an HP.

How can I find the original old Proani. files to dump them so a clean reinstall will work properly?

Is there a maximum size for these "decals?" Some of mine have been very large to allow close camera flybys with no pixelation.

Should one limit the size of the AI file that is used? I seem to get smoother edges and curves with larger files (my imagination?).

Many thanks to any of you guys that might help me with these problems, I'm afraid the program is going to completely crash and not allow me to finish my project.

Burt

Return to posts index

Matt Rhodes
Re: Several Proanimator problems
on Jan 15, 2009 at 1:42:56 am

Hi Burt.

Your original ProAnimator can be found by right-clicking on the shortcut and getting the Properties of the file. The full path should be shown. We don't currently install the app in a particular place -- that is determined by the person installing the app (you?).

In terms of swatches and materials, locate your user folder on the hard drive. In the "Documents" folder, you'll find a "Zaxwerks" folder. Inside that is a "ProAnimator" folder. Delete this folder (or move it to a safe place if you need any of the swatches in there). When ProAnimator is restarted, the folder will be recreated with the master swatches and materials.

As for the Targas that aren't showing up properly, could you send me a few and tell me how they don't work? Send files to: matt@zaxwerks.com

Let us know if you still have questions.

Matt Rhodes
Zaxwerks, Inc.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]