ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

jpeg to illustrator

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
barbara dalyjpeg to illustrator
by on Dec 2, 2008 at 5:23:45 pm

I know this is incredibly basic to most of you but I am so stuck I have to lay out my ignorance and ask.
How does one take a jpeg image and turn it into an Illustrator file for use in Proanimator? I cannot find this info anywhere and I have spent too many days attempting this on my own. any help would be so appreciated!
thanx
b

Return to posts index

Jon OkerstromRe: jpeg to illustrator
by on Dec 8, 2008 at 2:36:38 am

Hi Barbara,

Don't worry about asking "simple" questions. We're here to help you. The jpg file you're talking about is bit-mapped - that is, many small pixels of color. The Illustrator file you need is vector-based - that is, math that describes lines and shapes.

To convert a jpg image into a logo you can uses in Invigorator or ProAnimator, you'll need to import the file into an Illustrator document, then use Illustrator's drawing tools to create a vector-based version of the logo. The original jpg artwork is essentially a template you can trace around.

Does this help?

Jon

Return to posts index

barbara dalyRe: jpeg to illustrator
by on Dec 8, 2008 at 3:57:53 pm

It does help. Thank you. What I was really struggling with though, was after tracing around the jpeg image I can't figure out how to delete the original image so all I have left for ai is the vector file. Can you explain that or am I really missing something in understanding this altogether?
thanx
b

Return to posts index

Jon OkerstromRe: jpeg to illustrator
by on Dec 8, 2008 at 11:55:06 pm

Hi Barbara,

Deleting the jpeg image should be as simple as selecting it and hitting the delete key. That is, unless you locked the image to the artboard so it wouldn't move while you worked on the vector version. (I do this all the time.) In that case, you'll need to unlock the jpeg image, then select it and delete it.

Jon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]