ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Finding ProAnimator objects in AE 3D space

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew Riddoch
Finding ProAnimator objects in AE 3D space
on Nov 22, 2008 at 11:29:08 am

Hi, any help with this would be appreciated - I have an AE project in which the camera flies through AE 3C space encountering various AE 3D layers then moving on to other ones, twisting and turning along the way. Adding and positioning new AE 3D layers which the camera will encounter is easy enough because I can go to a top camera view and see where the layers and camera are, or copy the camera's position keyframes to the new layer etc. But when I want to add a ProAnimator object into the scene in front of the AE camera which will react to the AE camera (which is by this time far off in 3D space at whatever angle), I don't know how to position the ProAnimator object.

Can anyone help?
Thanks,
Andrew

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
Re: Finding ProAnimator objects in AE 3D space
on Nov 22, 2008 at 10:38:45 pm

Hi Andrew,

It would probably help to explain some core concepts:

First off, AE's 3D space is not the same 3D space occupied by ProAnimator (or Invigorator) objects. What's really happening when you tell ProAnimator to use the comp camera is that PA's camera is mirroring what the comp camera is doing. With me so far?

In order for this to work, the PA layer remains a 2D layer. If you try switching it to a 3D layer and position that layer somewhere in AE space, you can fly the camera by at such an angle that you see the PA layer is simply an image on a plane. It's not a 3D object in AE's space.

In most cases, these "parallel universes" work fine. But sometimes, the illusion can break, depending on the camera and object movement you're doing.

Does this help?

Jon

Return to posts index

Andrew Riddoch
on Nov 24, 2008 at 11:32:01 am

Hi Jon,

Thanks for your help, but understanding those principals you mention, is there any way in ProAnimator to position a new ProAnimator object such that it appears to be in front of the AE camera if the AE camera has already travelled a significant distance in x, y and z from the original centered position?

Thanks again,
Andrew

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
on Nov 24, 2008 at 2:03:03 pm

Hi Andrew,

I'd say probably yes. Click the comp camera option and see if it works.

Jon

Return to posts index

Andrew Riddoch
on Nov 25, 2008 at 8:35:25 pm

I'm not able to make it work. Thanks anyway.
Andrew

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]