ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Turn On/Off Objects in Invigorator

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam GriffinTurn On/Off Objects in Invigorator
by on Nov 20, 2008 at 12:39:49 am

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and I have been teaching myself Zaxwerks 3D Invigorator over the past few months.

Right now I'm working on a project where I have this 3D cube that is 40% transparent. On one side I have a logo (from Illustrator), placed onto the shape in Invig. The cube turns, so the logo is eventually in the back, but it can still be seen, which I don't want. Is there a way to turn off the logo's objects so I don't see it through the shape after it turns?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Jon OkerstromRe: Turn On/Off Objects in Invigorator
by on Nov 21, 2008 at 2:27:09 am

Hi Sam,

Welcome to the club.

When you say you don't want to see the logo through the semi-transparent cube, you raise a question - what DO you want to see?

The answer will determine how we proceed.

Jon

Return to posts index

Sam GriffinRe: Turn On/Off Objects in Invigorator
by on Nov 21, 2008 at 3:00:00 am

Thanks for the warm welcome.
The logo that was initially in front is at the back once the cube turns. At that time the camera (Invig. camera) zooms out, but I still see the logo in the back, backwards.

In short, I'm done with the logo, but not the cube. I added the logo to the cube (one of four cubes in the scene) so I could have the cube and logo rotate together, instead of having two different 3D layers.

Hope I was able to clarify it.

Sam Griffin

Return to posts index

by on Nov 21, 2008 at 6:45:00 pm

Okay, Sam.

One easy way to do it is to use layermapping.

Put the logo into a precomp that gets applied to your cube as a layermap. At the point in time when you want the logo to disappear, just change what's happening in the precomp. You can keyframe an opacity change so the logo fades to invisible while the background stays the same or do whatever you want.

Does this help?

Jon

Return to posts index

by on Nov 21, 2008 at 10:36:59 pm

Not so much - but I didn't know layer mapping before now, so thanks.

By "layer" I meant 3D object. The logo is also in 3D, and I want to turn that off.

Sam Griffin

Return to posts index

by on Nov 21, 2008 at 11:30:41 pm

Hi Sam,

Layermapping could be used to hide a separate 3D object, just as it would "turn off" an image mapped to the side of the cube. It would get a little complicated if you have tons of different materials applied, but the idea is to use the transparency channel of the layer map to turn the 3d object on or off.

Jon

Return to posts index

by on Nov 22, 2008 at 1:09:32 am

Ah I got it! Thank you very much!

Sam Griffin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]