ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

3D signature "write-on"

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Wally Green
3D signature "write-on"
on Oct 22, 2008 at 8:03:40 pm

I have an Illustrator file of a signature. I've put it in 3D invigorator to make it 3D in my After Effects project. My question is... is there a way to animation a 3D signature onto the screen once it has been created in invigorator or pro animator?

-Thanks

Return to posts index

Matt Rhodes
Re: 3D signature "write-on"
on Oct 24, 2008 at 11:17:19 pm

Hi Wally.

At this time, that feature isn't part of Invigorator.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Matt Rhodes
Zaxwerks, Inc.

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
on Oct 24, 2008 at 11:29:31 pm

Hi Wally and Matt,

Wally - the heading of your post said "write on." I'm interpreting that to mean the text reveals slowly, starting with the first part of the first letter and going on to the end over time.

If this is what you're talking about, there is a solution. It's called layer cycling. I'll caution you in advance, a fair amount of work will be required in Adobe Illustrator to set this up.

Essentially, you need to create an Illustrator document where each layer represents a frame in the animation. The first frame is the first chunk of the first letter... the last is the complete word. I would recommend converting your text to outlines, replicating the layer and using the pathfinder tools to gradually remove parts of the text, bit by bit and frame by frame.

When you're done, you'll essentially have created a flip book in Illustrator. Now, in Invigorator open that file as a layer cycling object. You can control the frame rate and other aspects.

Hope this is what you're after.

Jon

Return to posts index

Brandt Krueger
on Oct 28, 2008 at 3:03:48 pm

Hey Jon you forgot to mention your quality tutorial on this very subject located in the "Zaxwerks Tutorials" section. I had some good fun one day playing around with layer cycling...

Hope this works for you, Wally.

-Brandt

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]