ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Animante Independant Letters?????

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Spenser Hatch
Animante Independant Letters?????
on Sep 23, 2008 at 4:57:59 pm

Hey everyone, i am somewhat new to Zaxwerks, and had a question. I want to have a word with 8 letters created in Zax, and animate with AE's cameras. Is there a way to animate each character Independantly? I have tried to make each letter of the word into its own layer with zaxwerk applied, and then tried to parent the zaxwerks layers each to its own null object to be able to rotate each letter individually with no avail. I am able to parent an AE camera to a null and rotate the ENTIRE word, but is there a way to individually controll each letter? THANKS for any info, and i can give more detailed info if needed...

Return to posts index

Ken Latman
Re: Animante Independant Letters?????
on Sep 23, 2008 at 8:53:10 pm

Are you using ProAnimator or InVigorator? I suspect it is InVigorator.
Personally I would make the text in Illustrator, Convert to Outlines, Ungroup, Release the layers to Sequence, reorder (which letter do you want in the sequence as 1, 2, 3, etc) and then import into Zaxwerks Product. You will have control over each letter that way and still be able to group them there.

Return to posts index

Spenser Hatch
on Sep 24, 2008 at 1:26:33 am

Are you using ProAnimator or InVigorator? I suspect it is InVigorator.
Personally I would make the text in Illustrator, Convert to Outlines, Ungroup, Release the layers to Sequence, reorder (which letter do you want in the sequence as 1, 2, 3, etc) and then import into Zaxwerks Product. You will have control over each letter that way and still be able to group them there

Actually im using Pro Animator. As far as illustrator goes, to be honest, i recently purchased pro animator and i have not even tried to do the text in Illustrator. Your option sounds like what im looking for. One question, how you to release he layers to sequence in illustrator? Im sure i can figure it out and will take a look when i get home. Thanks for the info!

Return to posts index

Ken Latman
on Sep 24, 2008 at 9:16:41 pm

It is in the flyout of the layer palette.

Return to posts index

Spenser Hatch
on Sep 26, 2008 at 6:31:04 pm

I found it, but thanks for the info! So here is the issues though... I successfully brought in the Illustrator file, but still having trouble animating each letter independantally. I guess my question is, do i have to animate the characters with in Proanimator, or is there a way to break it up so that each letter is essentailly its own layer that i can animate with AE's cameras instead of within proanimator. Sorry if im not being clear or confusing...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]