ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Pro Animator vs Invigorator Pro

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
keith rousseauPro Animator vs Invigorator Pro
by on Sep 20, 2008 at 3:22:59 pm

I'm new to the After Effects world and had a few questions:

I'm hoping I did not move to soon on Pro Animator. Reading about Invigorator Pro, it sounds like this is the program I should have purchase to import LightWave and 3D Max files.

Do you get true 3D Capabilities with Pro Animator?

Return to posts index

Jon OkerstromRe: Pro Animator vs Invigorator Pro
by on Sep 20, 2008 at 4:21:42 pm

Hi Keith,

Invigorator and ProAnimator share the ability to import objects from Lightwave and from other modelers. Their real differences are in how you control the motion of the objects and the fact that ProAnimator can work as a stand-alone.

You did not move too soon.

Jon

Return to posts index

keith rousseauRe: Pro Animator vs Invigorator Pro
by on Sep 20, 2008 at 4:51:58 pm

Thank you, Jon!

Return to posts index

keith rousseauRe: Pro Animator vs Invigorator Pro
by on Sep 20, 2008 at 5:05:40 pm

Jon,

I guess the real question for me would be. After importing a 3D object our creating one in Pro Animator, can you export it into After Effects CS3 and work with the object in 3D Space.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Jon OkerstromRe: Pro Animator vs Invigorator Pro
by on Sep 20, 2008 at 6:15:16 pm

Hi Keith,

When you use PA or IP inside of After Effects, you can tell either app to "use comp camera." Doing this allows the objects you're working on in PA or IP space to appear to be in After Effects 3D space. This option works well most of the time. Think of it like working in two parallel but linked universes.

You can export 3d objects from either PA or IP in a variety of formats which you can then import into Lightwave and many other 3D apps.

Does this help?

Jon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]