ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Bottle

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin KefgenBottle
by on Sep 14, 2008 at 12:31:57 am

Any idea, anyone, if this is even doable?

I have a bottle graphic. I want to create that bottle in Invigorator Pro. I was gonna use the transparancy map you can hopefully find here if I did the html right.

What I have tried thus far...

1. Use the above as a transparency map on a cylender, cube, and plane. No soap there.
2. Create a vector of the shape. Came out OK on the front and back, but the sides were too boxy. Plus, no way to put the image map on that correctly.
3. Tried to use multiple shapes (Mostly cones and cylanders) to approximate the shape. Can't get too close, plus the same problem with the image map.

Does anyone else have any ideas? I'm kinda at wits end here!

Thanks for reading!
Kevin Kefgen
Edit Guppy Post Production
Las Vegas, Nevada

Return to posts index

Serge HamadRe: Bottle
by on Sep 14, 2008 at 3:11:48 am

Hi Kevin,

I can't see your transparency map but you shouldn't be using one anyway.

You should check my Custom edges tutorial. (Click on my head to get there)
The tutorial will help you create a perfect 3D bottle.

If you are using version 4.5 make sure you save your custom edge in the following folder:

PC:C:Documents and SettingsADMIN My Documents Zaxwerks 3D InvigoratorPRO Custom Edges

Mac: Documents>Zaxwerks>3D Invigorator Pro>Custom Edges

As to the mapping just let us know when you modeled your bottle if you still need some help. Or (Shameless plug)get yourself the Invigorator/ProAnimator training DVD as it will teach you this and way more things in no time;-)

Salut.
Serge

Invigorator/Proanimator Training Review:
http://library.creativecow.net/articles/murphy_kurt/invigorator_tr_rev.php

Invigorator/Proanimator Training: http://library.creativecow.net/articles/hamad_serge/invig_training.php

Return to posts index

Kevin KefgenRe: Bottle
by on Sep 14, 2008 at 4:40:59 am

Serge...

Thanks for the fast action, my friend!

Begin edit Ignore below... I'm just editing for anyone else who may have the same problem. I probably should do the search before replying, but I tend to be backward on occasion. The answer to the below is to start with a ten pixel circle from Illustrator. Then add the edge, then rotate the object 90 degrees.

I have created the edge, but it still looks like a flat front and flat back with the nice round sides. What I want to do is make the front face and back face round as well. I am using the original bottle Illustrator file, which is the basic shape. In your tutorial, your Illustrator file didn't seem to look anything like the bullet you ended up with. That may be my problem at this point. Should I not be using my bottle Illustrator? If that makes sense, anyway.

I am using 4.08, by the way, on a PC. Thanks again for the help!

Thanks for reading!
Kevin Kefgen
Las Vegas, Nevada

Return to posts index

Serge HamadRe: Bottle
by on Sep 14, 2008 at 5:54:36 am

[Kevin Kefgen] "The answer to the below is to start with a ten pixel circle from Illustrator. Then add the edge, then rotate the object 90 degrees."

Or you rotate your custom edge path upside down in Illustrator;-)

Could you send me a pic of the bottle? (serge at nyc-visual dot com)This will help me help you create the texture and reflection map.

Salut.
Serge

Invigorator/Proanimator Training Review:
http://library.creativecow.net/articles/murphy_kurt/invigorator_tr_rev.php

Invigorator/Proanimator Training: http://library.creativecow.net/articles/hamad_serge/invig_training.php

Return to posts index

Kevin KefgenRe: Bottle
by on Sep 25, 2008 at 12:02:19 am

Serge...

Thanks for the help! Still haven't gotten the art from client, may not now. But figuring the edge thing helped immensely in creating an apple for another client! You truly are the king, my friend!

Thanks for reading!
Kevin Kefgen
Las Vegas, Nevada

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]