ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Making a screw turn

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jay Spring
Making a screw turn
on Sep 6, 2008 at 6:14:40 pm

I am brand new to Zaxwerks Invigorator Pro. I have created a 3D screw in an AE comp. I am having difficulty (ok, I am stumped) in getting the screw to look like it is screwing in.

I can get the screw to move on the X, Y and Z axis, but that does not make the screw look like it is turning on the longitude access.

Help oh great wizatds!!

JB

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
Re: Making a screw turn
on Sep 6, 2008 at 9:28:29 pm

Hi Jay,

Am I correct in assuming the screw is the only object in your set? If so, select it and recenter the pivot point. Once you do that, the pivot point will be in the center of the object, top to bottom and left to right. You should now be able to apply rotation to the set and have it work the way you want.

Jon

Return to posts index

Jay Spring
on Sep 6, 2008 at 10:11:25 pm

Hi John

Thank you so much for the hint. I actually have 3 layers:2 layers for screws on two layers and then another layer for which the screws would turn into a "tube" so to speak.

Your suggestion makes complete sense....once I figure out how to set the pivot point. Gotta love complete newbies!! :-)

I very much appreciate your time.

Jay

Return to posts index

Jay Spring
on Sep 6, 2008 at 11:26:23 pm

Hi John

WhooHOO!! With the help of your hint, I got the screw to turn by choosing a set and setting the pivot point.

Thank you SOOOO much for your time.

Jay

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
on Sep 7, 2008 at 10:39:58 pm

Glad to help.

Jon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]