ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Invigorator objects on 3d plane

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lee Schneider
Invigorator objects on 3d plane
on Sep 6, 2008 at 3:57:45 pm

I'm new to Invigorator Pro and just purchased Serge's training DVD (love it so far). Perhaps my problem is covered in the DVD, but I haven't seen it yet.

I'm trying to place several words (produced with Invigorators 3D text) in an AE 3D comp. I want them to all sit on a single plane/floor as I am going to use Reflector on each word. I want the words to be at vastly different points on the Z Axis, so I can fly a camera past/over all of the words. I can do this with standard 2d text, but I'm at a bit of a loss on the exact process w/Invigorator. I assume I ust the AE camera to do the fly by, but when I turn the Invigorator layer into 3D, and check use comp camera, the Invigorator text seems to go flat. What is the best workflow for this?

Thanks!

Lee

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
Re: Invigorator objects on 3d plane
on Sep 6, 2008 at 9:34:08 pm

Hi Lee,

As you've discovered the Invigorator layer should not be turned into a 3D AE layer.

What's happening under the hood when you check "use comp camera" is that Invig's camera is linked to the comp camera. You're actually using the comp camera to steer the Invig camera, because AE and Invigorator are operating in separate 3D space. When you turn the Invig layer into a 3D AE layer, it messes up the relationship.

Why not make the plane inside of Invigorator and use Invig's own camera to fly past the words? It could simplify the project for you, though I'd have to think about the reflection part for a moment.

Jon

Return to posts index

Lee Schneider
Re: Invigorator objects on 3d plane
on Sep 8, 2008 at 6:37:02 pm

Jon,

Thanks for the info. I was thinking about trying to do it all in Invigorator, so I'll give that a try & see how it works out. As I mentioned, I'm new to it so it's taking a bit of time, but the results I've gotten so far are spectacular. Serge's DVD has been a big help. I've already done an animation for the first word of the fly by using Reflector & it works perfect. I'll just have to see what happens with the other words.

Thanks again,

Lee

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]