ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Creating a bowling pin with Illustrator into Pro Animator

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Hostler
Creating a bowling pin with Illustrator into Pro Animator
on Sep 1, 2008 at 4:53:22 am

Hi friends. I'm having an issue here. Im using Pro Animator and I want to create a bowling pin. I've generated an outline with Illustrator CS2 and brought it into Pro Animator. The problem is two sides of the pin [front and back] remain flat whilst the left and right round out when I apply a bevel round effect. Is there a way this effect can apply to all sides of the pin. Basically I want to round out the bowling pin outline I brought in. Thanks for any help.

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
Re: Creating a bowling pin with Illustrator into Pro Animator
on Sep 1, 2008 at 3:04:35 pm

Hi Dan,

You can create your bowling pin by creating a custom edge with the outline of the pin shape. Draw the outline from the top center to the bottom center. (you'll create half of the entire shape). Apply that custom edge to a very tiny illustrator circle in either Invig or PA.

This technique works for bowling pins, martini glasses and just about anything like that can be "revolved" to use a term from other applications.

Jon

Return to posts index

Dan Hostler
Re: Creating a bowling pin with Illustrator into Pro Animator
on Sep 1, 2008 at 4:53:05 pm

Jon, thanks for the suggestion...I got the first part down but this part

"Apply that custom edge to a very tiny illustrator circle in either Invig or PA. "

What exactly do you mean?

Return to posts index

Dan Hostler
Okay i figured it out but...
on Sep 1, 2008 at 7:09:00 pm

Okay I was able to make the bowling pin shape...now what would be the best way in going about painting the pin stripe as well as putting the Brunswick logo on the pin? Thanks

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
Re: Okay i figured it out but...
on Sep 3, 2008 at 3:10:32 am

Hi Dan,

You can create the colors on the pin using the material set-up and splitting the custom edge into three parts... white bottom, red stripe and white top. You can apply the logo to the edge too, but it'll take some trial and error to get it to fit right.

I would use layermapping to do this. Create a precomp using the aspect ratio of the surface of the pin and put the logo in it. You will then be able to position the logo where you want it to be.

I can go into more detail if you need it.

Jon

Return to posts index

Josh Mackey
3D Zax bowling pin
on Apr 29, 2010 at 1:22:45 am

Hi,

I was trying to find out more information about creating a pin. I have the custom edge but I'm having a problem importing the new custom edge into zax.... Any Suggestions?

Josh

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
Re: 3D Zax bowling pin
on Apr 29, 2010 at 12:21:40 pm

Hi Josh,

the simplest way is tofind the Adobe Illustrator format document called edge profiles. It should be in a folder called custom edges. Open that doc, create a new layer and label it. Restart the app, then it should show up in your custom edges list.

Does this help?

Jon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]