ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Depth Scale in only one direction

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Naveen MallikarjunaDepth Scale in only one direction
by on Aug 29, 2008 at 4:27:20 pm

A very basic Invigorator question.

I have an Illustrator file imported into Invig Pro. I want to increase the depth of the object, but only in one direction (I'm trying to make it look like it's growing up from the floor.)

Can Invig Pro do this? If not, any basic AE plug-ins that can?

Thanks!
Naveen

Return to posts index

Jon OkerstromRe: Depth Scale in only one direction
by on Aug 30, 2008 at 3:30:52 am

Hi Naveen,

You can change and animate the depth of any object in the Z direction using the depth slider ... but not X (horizontal) or Y (vertical.)

You can modify X, Y and Z depths using the object stats dialogue box, but cannot animate those attributes.

Does this help?

Jon

Return to posts index

Serge HamadRe: Depth Scale in only one direction
by on Aug 30, 2008 at 6:01:05 am

Hi guys,

I think that Naveen is after animating the Z axis. Animating the depth parameter in this case would (As Jon already mentioned) do the trick. But before animating your object you need first to follow these steps:

1- Create a plane primitive. This object will automatically be centered at the World Origin.

2- Import your IL file.

3- Select your object, check the Drag Using Object's axis box and use the dolly tool to move it so it lays on the plane. (Use an appropriate camera view of your choice to align your object perfectly)
The idea is to exactly meet the Pivot Point/ World Origin of your plane with the back face of your object in order to later animate the growth of your object from 1.00 to whatever #

4- Hit OK and animate in AE the Depth Scale parameter from 1.00 to 100 over time and here you go you have now an object's depth increase in a few steps.

Although Invigorator is supposed to animate the Z depth only. You could still animate the X or Y depth by simply rotating your object to 90 degrees in the axis of your choice (X or Y) in the stats menu first before following step 4. I will go in more details on this in my next training.

If you need more help let us know.

Salut.
Serge

Invigorator/Proanimator Training Review:
http://library.creativecow.net/articles/murphy_kurt/invigorator_tr_rev.php

Invigorator/Proanimator Training: http://library.creativecow.net/articles/hamad_serge/invig_training.php

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]