ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

After Effects error: Unable to complete the operation. (*4) (4)

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Rowley
on Aug 10, 2008 at 9:01:33 pm

I have just got myself setup on a nice new quad core and I am unable to load a project in After Effects that uses the 3D Flag.

I get the following error:
(25 :: 16)

Any suggestions, I am at a complete loss.

Thanks
M

Return to posts index

Matt Rhodes
Re: After Effects error: Unable to complete the operation. (*4) (4)
on Aug 19, 2008 at 4:55:09 pm

Hello Michael.

Would you be able to send me your project? I'd be happy to take a look.

Matt Rhodes
Zaxwerks, Inc.

Return to posts index

Michael Rowley
on Aug 19, 2008 at 8:41:20 pm

I have been working with Edward Wu on this through support channels.

thanks
M

Return to posts index

Bara rumba
on Jun 16, 2010 at 6:32:24 pm

Hey, would you be so friendly to say how you solved this issue?
I have this problem too and I have no other backup or found any solution on the internet!
Would be really nice for any tips!
Kind regards Bara

Return to posts index

Michael Rowley
on Jun 16, 2010 at 7:14:50 pm

Here is what I got from Zaxwerks:

Unfortunately, Adobe has been changing their products with every release of the CS series, and is causing it to be difficult with fixing the issue since the structure of the program keeps changing. We apologize that the issue still stands after a period of time, but with the release of CS5, we have had to try to convert the plug-ins 64-bit compatible, and that has been time consuming.
As of now, the best way to work with 3D Flag is to render 2-3 10 second clips, then restart your After Effects. This will reset your After Effects memory, and you should have no issues with another batch of renders. While I understand this is not the ideal situation to work in, it does prevent you from running into any crashes.

What I have found is turning off multiprocessor helps. Also render out any flag based segments immediately after rebooting and launching AE and then use the rendered files as Proxies for anything that uses a flag.

Hope that helps.
M

Return to posts index

Bara rumba
on Jun 16, 2010 at 10:15:16 pm

hey thanks for your quick answer!
Well I'm using After effects CS4. Everytime I load my project it crashs at 98% at one particular Composition, where I did not use this effects. However, rebooting after effects doesnt help me out. I know that a similar message sometimes appeared and told me something I have not enough memory. Anyway, this was another issue. Now I can not even open my project file to disable the effect or render some pieces out.

The only thing that came in my mind, was to uninstall the plug-in and then check if i can open my project...
Any other suggestions?

Return to posts index

Michael Rowley
on Jun 16, 2010 at 10:49:25 pm

Have you tried disabling the render by turning Caps Lock on before you load the project, that always helped me. It seem to crash when rendering the frame.

Also, what version of Flag do you have, I believe 1.5.1 is the most current.

If not, email support at support@zaxwerks.com, you will likely get a gentleman named Edward Wu, good guy, he offered to help me if I had projects that wouldn't load because of this error, he can also send you the most current version if you don't have it.

Hope that helps.
M

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]