ZaxWerks and AE render problems

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian LynnZaxWerks and AE render problems
by on Aug 10, 2008 at 2:37:28 am

:::Up front problem:::
missing 3d graphics from every other frame
and
a consistent blackening of an object in two different places, but correctable with a re-render of just the bad frame.

:::Lengthy description:::
Zaxwerks in AE is giving me problems on rendering.

Well, first, its slow. Not a big issue, but more render speed, preview speed, any hints on that would be awesome!

The real problem however is the frames rendered. I have a 1 minute clip of a 3d clock that speeds through 24 hours, and will play as a loop.

I had my project set to 29.97 at first, but then switched to full 30 when I restarted from scratch, and I am rendering to a .png rgb+a sequence.

Everything looks fine for the first 5 or 6 frames, but then something happens, and Zaxwerks starts to render only partial graphics every other frame. I have 4 layers, 1 is company logo text and date, under that is two layers for the hands of the clock, and the lowest layer is the face and body of the rest of the clock.

So I get the top layer -the text and date- every other frame through out the entire image seqence.

Also, I get two specific frames EVERY time I render where the white part of the clock turns black. It only happens on two frames, and they seem to have nothing to do with eachother, other than they are the same image sequence. The images on either side of the blackened circle are fine, and if I render out ONLY the blackened frames they come out fine.

:::To recap:::
missing 3d graphics from every other frame
and
a consistent blackening of an object in two different places, but correctable with a re-render of just the bad frame.

Thanks for any info on either my specific problems, or on speeding up the Zaxwerks/AE working times.
Brian

Return to posts index

Brian Lynnbad bad bad bad bad problems!!!!
by on Aug 10, 2008 at 11:21:07 am

Now Zaxwerks is rendering every third frame properly, the two frames in between are completely blank!

WTF! Someone please help this is driving me absolutely insane!
Brian

Return to posts index

Joe MoyaRe: bad bad bad bad bad problems!!!!
by on Aug 10, 2008 at 3:06:26 pm

Mac or Win? Describe your computer system in detail...

Return to posts index

Brian LynnRe: bad bad bad bad bad problems!!!!
by on Aug 11, 2008 at 4:13:43 am

The computer I am using is one I have used in the last two weeks while starting my project that I am using the Zax with... It worked fine and rendered much more complex stuff at the beginning of this whole projet, the more I use Zaxwerks the worse its getting.

I am on a HP NX9420 laptop
Core2 Duo 2.0ghz, T7200, 4mb cache
motherboard is a Intel i945PM chipset
X1600 Mobile Radeon
2GB RAM, DDR2 333, PC2-5300

When I first started this project I was using both my laptops (identical machines) to render out various parts of different animations and stuff... It wasn't until I hit this clock animation that I started to run into the non-rendered frame problems.

Thanks for the response!!
Brian

Return to posts index

by on Aug 11, 2008 at 6:52:20 pm

Forgot this:
Windows XP Pro
CS3 Pro video suite (used to be called Production Bundle, not exactly sure what its name is with CS3)
AE plugin ver. 4.50

The thing that is confusing is I do much more complex stuff with my Cinema4D and I never have an issue...

I'd much love being able to use the Zaxwerks stuff though as most of my stuff doesn't need the full power of C4D. 90% of the time its just flying 3d text and zaxwerks is great for that.

Return to posts index

Zax DowRe: bad bad bad bad bad problems!!!!
by on Aug 12, 2008 at 7:46:30 am

HI Brian,

It sounds like you have Nucleo Pro installed. Nucleo Pro is not compatible with Zaxwerks 3D plug-ins working inside of AE. The workaround is to turn off Nucleo for *only* the layer that contains the Zaxwerks plug-in. You don't have to turn it off for the entire comp, just the single layer with Zaxwerks on it.

Hope that helps,
Zax

Return to posts index

William OrtegaRe: bad bad bad bad bad problems!!!!
by on Aug 20, 2008 at 8:13:30 pm

Can this incompatibility be addressed from either side? or is there a bigger conflict with the way zax and nucleo function?

Return to posts index

by on Aug 20, 2008 at 9:18:50 pm

I wish it was this simple, but I do not have Nucleo. Unless its there and I don't know it, but I never specifically installed it.

Thanks for the response!
Brian Lynn

Return to posts index

Joe MoyaRe: bad bad bad bad bad problems!!!!
by on Aug 20, 2008 at 9:46:22 pm

If not Nucleo... do you have any other editing software (i.e., not Abobe) or do you run games on this drive.

If this is not software related... then, it could be your video card or it's driver. You never posted your video card specs.

No matter the cause... this is probably not an easy fix. You might contact Zaxwerks technical support if you haven't already. Or... you could do the dreaded total re-build of your OS.... format the HD and start completely over... that makes me feel sick just thinking about anyone having to use this as an option.

Hopefully, someone can come up with a better idea(s)...

Joe

Return to posts index

by on Aug 20, 2008 at 10:18:53 pm

Graphics card is a Radeon X1600 mobile with 256 ram on it I believe.

This machine is clean for the most part. I have the Adobe video suite, some AE plugins, and Cinema4D on here. Cinema4D should not be a problem though as it doesn't even really install, it just runs from its folder as all software should in my opinion. I have a couple other tools on here as well like G-Spot and MpegStreamClip, but again, those run straight from their folders, no real windows style install.

I have used this laptop in the past for gaming, but when I sold my old "work" laptop my "games" laptop got a nice reformat and reinstall of its OS.

I have not tried to rebuild my OS since I installed CS3 and the software mentioned above.

I do keep my drivers up to date, however the latest update from ATi mangled my laptops output, made it very yellow looking, so I installed the latest previous driver back on and got rid of that issue. I use DriverCleanerPro to help keep my driver installs as clean as possible.

Thanks for the idea =)

After Nucleo was mentioned I am wondering if I should go back and turn off the "render multiple frames simultaneously" option for the multiprocessing...

This project is long over but I am realy hoping to discover the real cause so I can prevent this in the future.

Brian Lynn

Return to posts index

Craig ToussantRe: bad bad bad bad bad problems!!!!
by on Feb 24, 2009 at 4:40:41 pm

I know this is months behind but I had the same problem. I talked to zaxwerks multiple times and once we figured out to turn off "render multiple frames simultaneously." In fact, reading this entire post I was wondering if that was turned off. But that is the fix that worked for me, I'm wondering if that ended up working for you.

Return to posts index

by on Feb 25, 2009 at 12:27:06 am

Yes, turning off the render multiple frames simultaneously worked wonders for the Zaxwerks rendering.

Thanks to all who helped!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]