ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

animate light in ProAnimator?

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Robertsonanimate light in ProAnimator?
by on Aug 6, 2008 at 7:11:21 pm

I have a logo that I've made 3D in ProAnimator and given it a metallic reflective surface. I want the model itself to be static but would like to have the light moving across the surface to make it sort of shimmer. I can't seem to find how to accomplish this or perhaps I just keep overlooking it in the manual. I'm a novice at this so any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

adeeb oberoiRe: animate light in ProAnimator?
by on Aug 7, 2008 at 5:10:03 am

I don't believe lights can move inside of proanimator but you can import a reflection map (comes with the program) into AE, then in Proanimator select it as a layermap for the reflection when you apply your colors. Then animate the layer map from left to right (inside the AE proanimator layer).
This will make it appear as if the lights are moving, but actually the shadows of the layermap are moving.
You can also turn on comp lights and just animate the AE lights. The only thing is that AE lights do not cast shadows on other Proanimator 3d objects which is a big disadvantage especially when you like shadows as it gives a good look.
If there is an other way I would love to hear about it.

I hope this helps a bit.

Return to posts index

Serge HamadRe: animate light in ProAnimator?
by on Aug 7, 2008 at 7:04:07 am

Hi Jim,

You could achieve this in many different ways. Adeeb already mentioned some very creative workarounds. (This guy learns fast!)

In case (like Adeeb assumed) you are using PA in AE you could use the "Offset X" & /or "Offset Y" feature. This will animate your reflection layer map even when your object stays still. The feature is located in the AE effects control window.

If you are not using PA for AE you could use animated maps (Movies)as reflection or even texture maps.

Salut.
Serge

Invigorator/Proanimator Training Review:
http://library.creativecow.net/articles/murphy_kurt/invigorator_tr_rev.php

Invigorator/Proanimator Training: http://library.creativecow.net/articles/hamad_serge/invig_training.php

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]