ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

ProAnimator renders "flicker"

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Topher Welsh
ProAnimator renders "flicker"
on Jul 27, 2008 at 4:49:15 pm

It seems like everytime I render out of ProAnimator... (acting as the AE plugin, not standalone) my renders flicker... it looks like it is flickering between the way it should look with my styles and everything appllied to the DRAFT version and they are only like 3-4 frame flickers but it ruins the whole animation.

what do i do?

Topher Welsh
Head Editor & Motion Graphics
Emerald Downs Horse Racing
Television Department

Return to posts index

John Dickinson
Re: ProAnimator renders "flicker"
on Jul 29, 2008 at 3:12:15 am

Hi Topher,
Can you show us an example of the problem?

Regards,

JD

John Dickinson
Motionworks

Making it Look Great 1
Design and Production Techniques for
Adobe After Effects and Zaxwerks ProAnimator
Available Now

Return to posts index

Topher Welsh
on Jul 30, 2008 at 4:45:41 pm

here ya go...

i dont know if that will embed in this forum, if not you can just copy and paste the url in the embed codes.

Thanks JD!

Topher Welsh
Television Department

Return to posts index

John Dickinson
on Jul 30, 2008 at 11:12:59 pm

Hmm, I had this same problem recently... what version of ProAnimator are you using? Is there a layer map applied? A reflecion map perhaps? What happens if you disable them?

JD

John Dickinson
Motionworks

Making it Look Great 1
Design and Production Techniques for
Adobe After Effects and Zaxwerks ProAnimator
Available Now

Return to posts index

Topher Welsh
on Jul 31, 2008 at 7:12:50 pm

yeah there is the Blue and Goldish looking stock reflection map applied... I have since deleted teh project, but I can try to recreate it in a a little bit.... I have PA 4.5

Topher Welsh
Television Department

Return to posts index

Brian Lynn
on Aug 11, 2008 at 6:21:53 pm

I am having a similar issue. AE plugin render problems...

I am rendering to image sequences and when the problem occurs I believe you are seeing exactly what you said: "draft" frames alternating with full frames, or frames that have a very similar look to "draft". Either way they are not fully renedered frames. Mine will even go as far as dropping entire objects every other frame, or only render every third frame, with the two between completely blank!!

In response to the other post, some of the frames that drop to draft do include reflections, but some of them don't. So far I've only had a problem with text and objects with reflection maps.

I am curious however... there doesn't appear to be any moving lights or textures or anything, the 3d itself is pretty static. Did you render the entire zoom? Why not render a single frame and use AE scaling to do the zoom effect? It would be different if the darker area that is 1/3 of the way down the text moved with animated lights... of course its also possible you had planned something more, and like me, ran into this problem and abandoned the project for another solution...

I am using 4.50 as well.
Brian

Return to posts index

Brian Lynn
on Aug 20, 2008 at 11:17:15 pm

I've learned a bit more of the technical sides of all this and I think you might take a look and see:

#1 are you using OpenGL to render within ProAnimator?

#2 are you running Nucleo Pro?

#3 Edit>Preferences>Multi-Processing, is "Render Multiple Frames Simultaneoulsy" turned on?

Brian Lynn

Return to posts index

Jourdan Gaub
on Apr 19, 2009 at 1:37:20 am

Hi I was having the flickering issue as well.
After a bit of trial and error I found that if
I went into the ProAnimator preferences and
checked the "Keep Textures In Memory Between
Renders" box the flicker was gone.

Hope that helps.

Return to posts index

Darin Hohman
on Feb 1, 2010 at 7:58:16 pm

I am using Invigorator Pro 4.51 for AE CS4 and still getting this flicker issue. It is a dropped texture/map that goes away for a frame and then returns.
I have received it with several different versions of AE and was hoping it would go away with CS4. When I use my OpenGL renderer it goes away, but the detail isn't as sharp as the Invigorator Renderer. Am I doing something wrong? It seems that the InvPro renderer would be able to handle this. Any settings I can change in Invigorator Pro like in ProAnimator?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]