ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Tea & Scones - Invigorator Ideas

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eban EscottTea & Scones - Invigorator Ideas
by on Jul 18, 2008 at 6:08:32 pm

Hello Gang, I am relatively new to Invigorator but am starting to get a handle of things and looking for some guidance and inspirations from some of you experienced gurus.

I am basically trying to make a tea cup and a scone. I have done the tea cup fine using some custom edges drawn in illustrator and then playing with some setting in invigorator, looks good. But problem I am having is with the scone.

A scone is not as smooth as a tea cup and I am at a loss at how to do the jam and possible cream as well in the actual scone as if it had been cut in half. So, I am all ears and keen to hear some ideas on how to tackle this problem.

Thanks in advance
Eban

Return to posts index

Erik WaluskaRe: Tea & Scones - Invigorator Ideas
by on Jul 18, 2008 at 11:41:35 pm

I have ProAnimator, not Invigorator, but I believe Invigorator will import .3DS models. Since I assume you don't have a 3D modeling program you may be able to find a free model that would work for you on one of the many 3D sites such as turbosquid.com.

To make the surface appear rough like a scone you can use a bump map (an image, preferably grayscale, with the texture you want).

As far as the cream goes, I would try to duplicate the scone and scale the copy down so it fits inside of the first scone (or on top of it, or whatever) then color it and apply an appropriate bump map. Leave it hanging out of the first scone a bit and it might appear to be oozing out.

Hope that helps. Good luck.

-E

Return to posts index

Jon OkerstromRe: Tea & Scones - Invigorator Ideas
by on Jul 22, 2008 at 3:15:12 am

Erik is right... the modeler in both apps really isn't the best choice to make organic shape, though bump maps can help to a degree. If you want to try without spending lots of cash, there are some open source modelers out there. Otherwise, search the various model banks on the web. Be aware that Invig and ProAnimator support UV-style mapping only. That's a critical point if you're going to apply surface maps to the imported objects.

Your solution for creating the cup sounds on the money - custom edges can help you create some amazing non-organic shapes.

Jon

Return to posts index

Eban EscottRe: Tea & Scones - Invigorator Ideas
by on Jul 22, 2008 at 8:16:45 pm

Thanks for the hints Jon and Erik. To be honest ... I am feeling a little out of my depth now. I thought you could draw most things up using a combo of Illustrator and Invigorator using some custom edges. I found some tutorials on bump maps and will give it a go. Practice makes perfect.

Thanks
Eban

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]