ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Scripting ProAnimator?

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
William Ortega
Scripting ProAnimator?
on Jun 25, 2008 at 5:39:56 am

Can you script the settings within the proanimator scene?

I want to automate the text within a proanimator layer since it will come from an external source, or if thats not possible, automate a scene loaded from a preset and load an illustrator file, or if thats not possible, anything close.

it's pretty straightforward to script the properties that show in the layer pane, but i could not find any variables for the scene itself.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Matt Rhodes
Re: Scripting ProAnimator?
on Jul 2, 2008 at 2:35:15 pm

Hi William.

ProAnimator isn't currently scriptable.

Let us know if you have any other questions.
If you'd like to describe in more detail what you'd like to do,
we may be able to offer a workaround.

Thanks.

Matt Rhodes
Zaxwerks, Inc.

Return to posts index

William Ortega
Re: Scripting ProAnimator?
on Jul 4, 2008 at 7:36:27 am

Basically i have proanimator compositions where I make the animations and fill in the names later. So i will make 10 comps with name 1,2,3,4...10, then sometime later go in and replace the names.

I've done this many times so i know how to keep the names from wrapping etc... I would like to do this without duplicating the comp over and over.

In a 2d project, i would use a script to alter the text or load an illustrator file of my choice, and i can make as many renders as i want without editing the AE file.itself.

It appears all After Effects plugins are accessible in the script debugger to some degree, even proanimator. However none of the features i want seem accessible such as a "Reload" function to reload the current source, or variables containing the links to the original AI file, or the source text of text created in illustrator. If any of these properties were exposed it would help out a lot.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]