ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Stretching Layer To Fit

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gregory KuhnStretching Layer To Fit
by on Jun 18, 2008 at 8:43:54 pm

I am trying to apply a pre-comp from AE to the face of a 3D cube in Invigorator Pro. I have it applied but it is not stretching to fit the surface of my cube. Is there a "Stretch to Fit" command of some kind in Invigorator?

Thanks!
Greg

Proverbs 15:22
Without counsel, plans are frustrated, But with many counselors they succeed.

Return to posts index

Jon OkerstromRe: Stretching Layer To Fit
by on Jun 19, 2008 at 1:59:44 am

Hi Greg,

What do you mean by "not stretching to fit." If the aspect ratio of your precomp is the same as the face of the cube you're surfacing, you'll get no distortion. Remember that Invig considers the entire precomp to be the material - so if your elements do not go edge to edge, it will look like they're not being stretched to the edges of the face.

Does this help?

Jon

Return to posts index

Gregory KuhnRe: Stretching Layer To Fit
by on Jun 19, 2008 at 7:13:42 pm

I guess. How do you make your cube the same size as your pre-comp? I have a 720X 480 pre-comp. Here is the problem though. I am wanting to have the camera fly over a soccer field that has a flat image of the earth and a JumpBack composited into it. I have the field, Jumpback and map composited into a pre-comp. When I apply the pre-comp in Invig, it does not fill the cube. Is there no way in 3D Invig. to tell the program to stretch the image to fit the face of the Cube, Plane, or whatever you are using it on?

Does this make sense to you?

Thanks!
Greg Kuhn

Return to posts index

by on Jun 19, 2008 at 8:35:04 pm

I have also noticed in AE, inside 3D Invig., when I down size my cube, it also scales down my applied pre-comp.

Thanks for any help.

Greg Kuhn

Return to posts index

Jon OkerstromRe: Stretching Layer To Fit
by on Jun 20, 2008 at 12:00:21 am

Hi Greg,

Help me understand this... it sounds like you're using one face of the cube as the flat surface on which you want to apply the precomp. Is this the case? If so, why not use a plane instead of a cube?

The other thing - if you want the precomp to be applied without distortion to the cube's front or rear face, you need to have equal aspect ratios. If the face is 1 unit by 1 unit (a square), your precomp should also be 1 unit by 1 unit. If you're applying the precomp to the sides of the square cube, you need to have a precomp that's four units wide by one unit high, because of how Invig wraps materials on edges.

Does this help?

Jon

Return to posts index

by on Jun 20, 2008 at 8:02:04 pm

Jon,

I finally figured this out. Thanks for sticking with me. I am new to Invigorator and it took me a while to get this through my head. I go it going though. Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]