ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Product Suggestion

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Navarro
Product Suggestion
on Jun 7, 2008 at 10:40:14 pm

I am having to create an animated 3D puzzle image and while searching the net, I was surprised to discover that nobody has made a plugin yet that will take an image or video layer and break it up into manipulatible 3D puzzle pieces.

For now, I can mess with an old project from a couple years ago, but it's not particularly flexible.

Seems like this might be something right up Zax's product niche/alley.

Just thought I'd toss it out there.

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
Re: Product Suggestion
on Jun 9, 2008 at 1:23:31 pm

Dave,

Shatter does this, though you can't really manipulate individual pieces.

You can also do this with Invigorator or ProAnimator, using an Illustrator puzzle. The trick is getting the mapping to look right, but it can be done.

Jon

Return to posts index

Dave Navarro
on Jun 9, 2008 at 7:30:17 pm

I tried messing with shatter, but as you mentioned, it doesn't support manipulating individual pieces.

I've managed to get the pieces working in ProAnimator but I haven't figured out how to stretch an image or footage across all of the puzzle pieces yet.

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
on Jun 10, 2008 at 1:53:13 am

Hi Dave,

It can be done, but it takes some creative work in Illustrator to make it work. Essentially you need to have each piece include a frame element that's shared by all pieces then create materials that make the frame element invisible. Assuming you get the pieces in perfect registration, it'll work.

Jon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]