ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Animator Pro vs Invigorator

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
William NellamAnimator Pro vs Invigorator
by on May 30, 2008 at 11:07:41 pm

What can't you do with Pro Animator that you can with Invigorator?

Return to posts index

Jon OkerstromRe: Animator Pro vs Invigorator
by on May 31, 2008 at 12:15:45 am

Hi William,

The biggest difference is motion control. ProAnimator relies on behaviors. Invigorator relies on keyframes. Each method has pros and cons for different kinds of projects. ProAnimator lets you create complex motion paths for tons of objects very easily. Invigorator's strength is in being able to precisely and directly control the motion of the sets - the invisible containers which contain objects. Invigorator's biggest limitation - IMHO - is the number of available sets. For some people, the fact that ProAnimator works as a stand-alone is a huge asset.

What kind of projects do you want to do? Your answer might allow us to give more precise advice on choosing one over the other.

Jon

Return to posts index

Donovan WertsRe: Animator Pro vs Invigorator
by on Jun 1, 2008 at 2:50:05 am

Hi, I'd like to add a question about the difference between the two. I've wanted to order some of the instructional dvds on the Zaxwerks website that are for Invigorator. I have Pro Animator, could I still benefit from the DVDs or are they too different? Thank you.

Return to posts index

Jon OkerstromRe: Animator Pro vs Invigorator
by on Jun 1, 2008 at 2:14:51 pm

Hi Donovan,

My first comment is that Alan's "Making it Look Great" DVDs are application-specific. There's one for ProAnimator and one for Invigorator.

In general, I can tell you the modeling and texturing aspects of the two applications are essentially identical. Any training material that teaches those techniques would benefit users of both applications. The fork in the road comes when you start dealing with motion control.

Jon

Return to posts index

Donovan WertsRe: Animator Pro vs Invigorator
by on Jun 1, 2008 at 4:05:43 pm

Thank you for the info. I have the "Making it Look Great" DVD for ProAnimator, and I learned a lot.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]