ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

3D Invigorator and PFHoe help

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sean Jones
3D Invigorator and PFHoe help
on May 23, 2008 at 1:36:08 am

I am trying to place 3D text in a scene to appear as if it was actually there. The camera flys up and over the text and I can not seem to get the text from 3D Invigorator to stay 3D. I get a near perfect 3D motion track from PFHoe and after I apply the camera to the composition the text looks 3D but is actually 2D flattened. If I turn on continuous rastorization it goes to 3D but the scale goes very small and makes it difficult to line up the perspective and have it match. So keeping the text the right size means that when we fly over it we can see it is a flat 2D layer. How can I preserve the scale and perspective and keep the text in perfect quality under the comp camera? I hope that made sense... Does anyone have any ideas or can anyone lead me in the right direction for using these applications together? Thanks.

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
Re: 3D Invigorator and PFHoe help
on May 23, 2008 at 2:19:30 am

Hi Sean,

I'm going to make several assumptions about this project - please correct me if I'm mistaken.

1. You're wanting to use PFHoe's 3D motion tracking ability to drive the motion of AE's comp camera. (I didn't know about the app, but read a little about it - sounds cool.)

2. You're using Invigorator to generate your 3D text and have chosen to use AE's comp camera rather than Invigorator's own internal camera.

3. What you describe sounds like the comp camerra seeing the 2D plane onto which the Invig effect is applied. I believe the issue you're having relates to a limitation of what happens when you check the "use comp camera" button. Invigorator's 3D objects live in a space that's separate from AE's 3D space... and the illusion that they're the same can fall apart in certain conditions.

I might suggest that you apply the camera motion data from PFHoe to Invigorator's native camera. I think you may get better results.

Jon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]